cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP S4 Hana Service - Plant/Storage determination for the spare parts in Service Order

former_member806892
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having trouble in determining the right storage location while releasing the Service Order.

We are assigning the the storage location for the combination Service Orgn, Service Team and Service Technician so that material reservation should be created in respective Service Tech storage location but system is not determining the correct SL. System fails to read the config setting and instead checks the Plant/SL assigned with * .

In the below case, system is determining SL as A001, whereas the in the Service Order "Employee Responsible* is SE1. System should determined A002 as SL while creating material reservation. Is there any config missing?

Please note- Service Employee SE1 is created as Business Partner in BP with employee role (not in PA30). Does HR settings influence Plant/SL determination if the scenario is to determine stock from service technician's storage location?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Silvia_Ventura
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello!

this is the official way to determine the plant.: executive employee (or service or service organization)...

If you think that this is too complex, you could use your own plant determination with badi CRM_SRV_SP_LOCATION

Best ergards

Silvia

Silvia_Ventura
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Good morning!

check if this note can be applied

3066013-Wrong or missing plant and Storage location while follow up processing for service orders an...

If not, send us a screen shot

- F4 help of employee in the option

- Organizational tab of the service document

Best regards

Silvia Ventura

former_member806892
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi silvia.ventura ,

Thanks for your inputs. After applying the note, if we enter the Service Employee number in the Executing service employee partner function, then we are not getting any error and system is able to determine the right storage location in the material reservation.

However, below are my observations about this solution, please validate the below:

1. It seems executing service employee is the partner that would be required to determine the right plant/SL if we want to maintain plant & storage location for a service employee for a spare part item

2. Std partner procedure for a spare part item does not contain an executing service employee. It has only ship to party. Not sure, why executing service employee is not added by default in the partner procedure for a spare part item. Does SAP recommends adding executing service employee partner function for a Service Spare Part item?

3. In this case, it seems mandatory to determine the executing employee at spare part item level but if we fail to maintain the executing service employee at spare parts item level, then we get the same errors as shown in my previous post.

Not sure if there is a better way of determining the plant/SL for a service employee.

Below are the screenshots:

Silvia_Ventura
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello!

I imagined it.

think about what is a Service Employee. It's the person that is working under a Service Organization. Your system can have one thousand employee (purchasing, marketing, RH...) but just some of them are working effectively as technician or consultant .

System only shows the employes placed under a Service Organization. For instance:

and all of these employes are available in customizing

So you have to assign the service employees unders a position in the Service Organization.

Best regards

Silvia Ventura

former_member806892
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi silvia.ventura ,

It is still not working. System is not determining the right storage location based on technician assignment in the config.

We have maintained all the required steps/config required to determine the right Plant/Storage location but we are getting the below error messages

1. Assigned the Service Employee with the Service Team/Service Orgn - We have set up the service employee in the Orgn model set up under the correct Service Orgn.

2. Config set up for service org, team and employee used in the service order - Service Employee 50000618 has been selected from the F4 selection after assigning the same with the position in Service Orgn/Service Team.

System should be searching for Storage Location HA91 and should be creating material reservation in SL = HA91

3. Executing service employee and employee responsible has been set up in the Spare Part Item ( Partner procedure maintained) in the service order.

4. System is giving the above errors.

Our expectation is that by maintaining the above config, system should have been creating a material reservation for Service Employee 50000618 under SL HA91 at Service Order release, whereas we are getting the above error messages.

Please suggest.

Silvia_Ventura
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi san_0512

I'd like you make a quick test. Go to customizing "Assign plant and storage location..." and press F4 in the field SERVICE EMPLOYEE. I'd want you check the list of employees : is employee 50000180 in that list ? I'm sure that you have an employee 50000180 but is it the list of service employees (F4)?Best regardsSilvia
former_member806892
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

I just checked, there is no employee with the id 50000180 in the F4 list. Is that required?