Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Marketing Cloud System Copy

SCHNEIDERT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

we would like to do a system copy of S/4, FSM and C4C systems from production to quality systems.

In SAP Marketing Cloud unfortunately this option does not exist.

In the past - when only working with Interaction Contacts - we deleted all the data of Q tenant (interactions, contacts,...) and replicated the new data after the system copy of the other systems.

Now, we are working with Business Partners (SOA - based integration with C4C).

In comparison to the past: is there anything we have to consider in addition after the deletion of the data? Do we need to delete the Business Partners (if that is even possible?) and their relations?

Are there new Business Partners created that have the same C4C-ID (with additional Origin SAP_C4C_BUPA) that was assigned to another Business Partner before?

Maybe there's someone that already had that requirement and could share some tips and tricks.

Kind Regards

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member599277
Contributor

Dear Tobias,

Deleting the Contacts using Application Jobs will not delete the BP's replicated from C4C .

BP blocking and Archiving is prerequisite for deletion of BPs. In Marketing Cloud blockings app will be available.

There are no deletion application as such. There are apps to archive the BP i.e Manage Archive Variant & ILM data destruction.

Once blocking is done, by using these apps we can archive and delete the BPs.

You can check the below link for the details of BP deletion process.

https://help.sap.com/viewer/24c54f872f90464c948b72c00dfe7e5b/3.0.2/en-US/eabf83c05b4c4ba2852ccd1e82e...

You have to activate 1KA (Information Lifecycle Management) and 26Y (Data Protection and Privacy) scope items to have access to the BP Blocking and Archiving Apps.

Regards,
Saravana.
SAP Support.

SCHNEIDERT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

thanks for your fast reply.

So, I assume I have to open an incident for the Q tenant to let SAP activate these items, is that correct?

So, blocking and archiving/deletion is a prerequesite before we replicate the data again from C4C? Or what will happen if we only delete the Interaction Contacts?

BR Tobias

former_member599277
Contributor

Dear Tobias,

Yes , If you are not able to activate the Scope Items , It has to be done by Cloud operations and if you only delete the Interaction Contacts using Application Jobs , then the Business Partner ID's sent from C4C will be stored in Marketing system and you might face some issues when using the old BP ids which was earlier Individual customer and now again that ID is used as Accounts , Marketing might throw an error .

Regards
Saravana.

SCHNEIDERT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

okay thanks a lot. I will go the way mentioned above, activate the Scope Items and try it out 🙂

BR Tobias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SauMaris
Contributor
0 Kudos

schneidert did you succeed?

What is a correct procedure? I am trying to run a blocking app, but getting an error about missing authorizations. I have added for myself all available authorizations.