Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Marketing Cloud - RoleCode

Aaron85
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to make the Account Role / RoleCode available in SAP Marketing Cloud Segmentation and Account Profile. I can see in CPI that this info is mapped and transferred from C4 to the Marketing Cloud. Also I adapted the Code List Mapping in C4 where it was necessary, because I got some errors during DataLoad as some Role Codes did not match.

My problem is now that I don't know in which Data Source to look for the Role and to add it where it is needed. I cannot quite understand, why it is hidden like that, as the RoleCode in SAP is pretty much essential for distinguishing Prospects and Customers and therefor the Marketing/Sales activities.

Thank you very much for help and best regards,

Aaron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SCHNEIDERT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

are you talking about the Business Partner Role like BUP001 (contact person), CRM000 and so on?

For these role codes unfortunately there's no standard field on Interaction Contact level in SAP Marketing Cloud.

But we had the same requirement.

You need to create a custom field and map the role code from C4C to that custom field on CPI. At least that's how we did and I think that's the best/only way to achieve that.

BR Tobias

Aaron85
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

yes, that's the one! Thank you for your answer and the suggested approach! We will do that then,

Best regrards,

Aaron

SCHNEIDERT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi aaron85,

you're welcome. Remember that you also have to implement the corresponding BAdI for Contact Extension Fields to map the field from your Business Partner to the Interaction Contact within SAP Marketing Cloud 🙂

Best Regards

Tobias

Answers (0)