cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP C4C - Dynamic primary contact on ticket business object

Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'd like to understand better the Primary (or Main) contact function in accounts business object.

From what I have understood, the email of the primary contact is filled by default on the email feed of a ticket object.

Could you confirm this or add info if it is incomplete ?

I'd also like to know if it is possible to have dynamic primary contact meaning that depending on the role of the logged in agent, the primary contact is different.

Ex: For certain accounts we have several contacts (for finance, sales, etc..).
When a financial agent want to send an email from the C4C, primary contact should be the finance contatct.
When the Sales agent wants to send an email from the C4C, primary contact should be the Sales contact.

Could you please highlight me?

Thanks,

Guillaume

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Juliuspereira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Guillaume,

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by email feed of a ticket object. Assuming you mean the email feed is the email from an ticket, I don't think that depends on the main indicator on the contact. The email address in the email on a ticket, comes from the contact that is assigned to the ticket irrespective of whether that contact is main or not.

When creating a ticket you can setup contact determination and I think if there are no relationships maintained then the contact with the main indicator will automatically get determined when you enter the account on a ticket creation screen.

Out of the box, I also do not believe there is any provision to achieve dynamic primary contact determination in emails on a ticket. Probably there might be some scope for this through sdk.

Julius

Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Julius,

Thanks for your answer. You understanding is correct.

Actually it doesn't work like this on my side.

I did the following:

1. Create a ticket and assign a Account with Contact (which is not the Main)

2. Click on Email, in the ticket

Actual result: Recipient email is the one from the Main contact

May be there is something to do with the relationship as you said, but I don't know what if it is the case.

Thanks,

Guillaume

Juliuspereira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is really strange because once the contact is determined or added to the ticket, the email address would only refer to the emails of the contact on the ticket. Even if there are any relationships in play, that all is only considered during contact determination of ticket creation/ change and not during email creation.

So unless the main contact and the contact on the ticket have the same email address 🙂 which I suppose you have checked and confirm that they are different email addresses, I would report it as a bug to SAP and get their thoughts.

Julius