cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Restriction of the view of customer data using the sales organization

0 Kudos

Hello

How to restrict access to customer data through the sales organization? For example the employee can only see the customer data where the sales organization matches.

I hope someone can give me helping hand πŸ˜‰

best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ben_Casey77
Participant

Hi Oliver,

we've achieved this by assigning Access Restriction rules (per object) within business roles e.g. 1015 Employee, Territory, Account, Sales Data

Ben

Hello Ben,

thank you for your quick answer.
Exactly with this rule i have tried it first. But with no result.
I tried it agian. And now it runs.
It seems you need beside the sales organisation the division and the channel in the employee data.
Otherwise it will not run.
Additional information: You will need one customer at minimum with sales organisation, channel and division, otherwise you won't get the link to the customer work center in the navigation bar.

best regards

Oliver

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marcus_echter
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Oliver,

that depends on the specific restriction rule you are using. If you choose restriction rule "5 - Employee, Sales Data of Employee" you need to maintain the triple (Sales Org, Dist Channel, Division) on employee level. If you choose rule "9 - Sales Organization of Employee" however, the simple sales org assignment of the employee in the org. hierarchy should be sufficient (Sales Data segment is NOT checked).

Cheers, Marcus

Ben_Casey77
Participant
0 Kudos

πŸ‘ correct we're using Rule 5

0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

thank you for your information and how to differ the Rule 5 and 9!
It works! πŸ˜‰
Thank's a lot!
regards
Oli