Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with reporting of tickets based on the very first interaction

kacper1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am struggling with the report which will show the list and number of tickets per Channel Name. The thing is that on the list of tickets from the Workcenter view 'Source' and 'Channel' fields are showing the very first interaction of the ticket which is required by us from reporting perspective.

Unfortunately, the standard Data Source 'All Tickets with All Interactions' is showing all the interactions, not only this very first.

The challenge is to get the right results - let me show you an example from above screenshot. When we will look at this ticket from report perspective we have different kind of interactions in the column 'Channel Name' (# means here that this is Manual entry interaction):

Here I have two problems:

1. Suppose I want to display tickets where 'Automation.Support...' (with dot between these two words) is the very first interaction. That's ok - when I will set the selection for this Channel Name this ticket will be included. BUT when I will set the selection for Channel Name 'AutomationSupport...' this ticket will be also included, which is a wrong result, because filter logic in C4C (according to my knowledge) works that it will find every object where the set filter exists.

2. I tried to set the conditions to display only first row from this report view, but also without luck.

I am doing my best, but I really don't have any other ideas how to achieve the results in report which can be easily achieved from the list of tickets from workcenter view. This is really strange that this data source do not predict such scenario where business wants to filter by channel names from the very first interaction perspective.

Any suggestions or ideas from your side are highly welcome. Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Kacper

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Juliuspereira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kacper,

Since these are 2 distinct channels, its strange that its not returning records specific to that channel only. Can you paste a screenshot of all the selection screen showing all the fields that you are using to run the report? specifically can you paste the selection criteria for the channel?

Julius

Juliuspereira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kacper,

Quick question. Is Automation.Support and AutomationSupport the same channel or are they different channels?

Can you paste a screenshot of the email addresses config. like the one below. Please mask anything that is private/ confidential. 🙂

And just to clarify your question 1, when you search for AutomationSupport (without the dot) you do not want the one with the dot to show. Is that correct?

To clarify question 2, you want to only show the first record in the report, similar to what you see in the Tickets OWL. Is that correct?

Julius

kacper1
Participant

Hi julius.pereira25,

many thanks for your quick feedback.

Yes, these are completely different channels.

Regarding question 1 - when I search for AutomationSupport (without the dot) I want to display only tickets where only this Channel is present in the interactions (so basically logic like 'display ticket then and only then, when ticket has only one specific channel'). So based on the example which I pasted, my requirement is that the ticket with ID 43440 will not be shown in the results (because this ticket also contain values '#' and 'Automation.Support'). I don't know if this is somehow reachable in C4C...

Regarding question 2 - yes, I only want to display the very first interaction of this ticket, based on Interaction Date & Interaction Local Time. As you can see from the screenshot from report view, this which I have marked with red, is exactly the first interaction which you can see on the first screenshot of the ticket from the list of tickets from Tickets Workcenter view.

I hope my explanations are more or less understandable 🙂 Please let me know if you need more information. Thank you !

Best regards

Kacper