cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Marketing Permission check failed on SAP Marketing Cloud.

0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a problem actually with a Newsletter campaign I sent recently. We have almost 34.5k contacts for which 899 e-mails were delivered and 27.6k contacts with "Marketing Permission Check Failed". As you can see it's something impressive for a Newsletter of its size.

I check on my CRM database and for the clients where they are in the "Marketing Permission Check Failed", the marketing permission is "ok" so I suppose they should receive my newsletter. But, after the extract of my database from marketing cloud, apparently something is missing.

The only solution today is to ignore the marketing permission but at the end I don't want to do it because it doesn't respect GDPR.

I don't know what to do at the moment where I'm writing but if someone can explain me the problem and/or have a solution behind this it will be great !!

Thank you in advance for your help

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Welcome and Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions. I would like to recommend our Q&A tutorial https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-qa.html for more insights. Also, if you're hoping to connect with readers, please consider adding a picture to your profile. Here's how you do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5JdUbyjfMA&list=PLpQebylHrdh5s3gwy-h6RtymfDpoz3vDS. By personalizing your profile with a photo of you, you encourage readers to respond.

Regards, Svea

SAP Community Global Moderator

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member599277
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

For Newsletter Campaigns , system will check the subscription instead of Permission , so please check the communication category used in your Newsletter campaign and check if the contacts have subscription enabled for the Communication category .

Can you please post an image of a contact( with permission tab ) for which permission failed ?

Regards,
Saravana.

Hi Saravanakumar,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, in my campaign, I have no communication Category and I can't have one because my enterprise gave me a part access. It means I have the sheets but I have no proposal to put a category.

Here is what I have actually for one of the contact which my permission failed (and it's the same for the others).

I think I have my reply now. If I understand well it's just because I don't have the attributes to have the recognition of SAP that's it ?

former_member599277
Contributor

Hi Julien,

Seems your campaign was not actually a Subscription campaign rather a normal campaign which checks permission but contacts in your system is not having the permission as required, so as per your configuration , it should be an explicit permission if I am not wrong and you have not replicated those permissions to the Marketing system .

Regards,
Saravana.

Answers (0)