cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Validation in SAP CDC

komal_joshi
Explorer

Hi Experts,

We have requirement to change email address, so we have modified change email screen-set based on our requirement where we have added new email, confirm email and password. I have attached a screen for your reference.

So our query is that can we validate a password which user entered from a screen with the existing password of registered user, can we validate a current password?

Thanks,

Komal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

igal_mi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like you want to validate password before a user updates their email address.

You can achieve this by using a Re-Authentication flow:

https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_CUSTOMER_DATA_CLOUD/8b8d6fffe113457094a17701f63e3d6a/416fc0d470b21014b...

Basically you prompt the user with a login screen (they can use password but also any other supported authentication method) and once they successfully reAuthenticated you can direct them to a profile update screen where they update their email.

Hope this help,

Igal

komal_joshi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Igal I accept this answer.

One more clarification If a user has successfully login and now user wants to change email according to our modified change email screen-set requirement which I have shared an image, what if user enters a wrong password for example if current password is Welcome1 and now user enters Welcome2 whether the cdc will validate the current password?

Thanks,

Komal

igal_mi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Komal,

The reauthentication screen is the same as a regular login screen with the addition that it validates that the end user already has an active session and that the new login is with the same user.

This means that all login validation will take place including password validity.

The only thing that you need to be aware is that you can't do it on the same form as you shown in your attachment. It needs to be separated into 2 forms:
- Reauthentication login screen

- Email update screen

Igal

komal_joshi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Igal for the quick response.

I have tried with your suggestion, 1st step - Reauthentication screen-set, after passing the registered user credentials there and we will navigate to the email update screen there I have changed email address which we want to update.

By providing new email, confirm email and I have provided wrong password but the thing is, it is not validating the current password. Any password it is taking, it is not validating with the current password. I have attached a screen for reference.

Thanks,

Komal

igal_mi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Komal,

You already verified the password in the Reauthentication screen.

You don't need to input it again in the profile update screen nor does that screen support it.

The profile update only supports password change flow (enter old password, new password, confirm new password).

Hope this makes it more clear.

Igal

komal_joshi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Igal. It's cleared!

Komal