cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opportunity notification

Sakil_Ahmed
Explorer

Hi All,

I want- If I added any Sales Employee under the sales team in opportunity.

Can It's possible that he will get any notification?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Juliuspereira
Active Contributor

Hi Sakil,

You can create a workflow rule of type notification and check certain conditions. In the example below we are doing this for tickets wherein, we send a notification to the new agent assigned to the ticket.

The only caveat is that in the workflow conditions, you can only add logic for owner/ employee responsible of the opportunity. Any other partner functions added to the sales team are not available in the workflow conditions to add logic based on them.

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello Sakil,

You can create a Workflow Rule with the following conditions:

1) Condition: Sales Employee ID not equal to empty

2)

The workaround you would need to make would be to always choose the Role of the Sales Team as Sales Responsible Employee.

Regards,

Gabriel

Sakil_Ahmed
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi cc4f00ba-6b54-403d-bf1c-3233ad7ff438,

Thank you for your valuable reply.

But In work flow under Opportunity BO I am not able to find the Sales Employee ID field.

Can you please help me on this?

Regards,

Sakil

0 Kudos

Hello Sakil,

No problem - glad I'm being able to help.

I thought further on your business case and I want to propose a different solution.

My new idea is for you to create a field in Header of Opportunity called 'Sales Employee Added' as an Indicator.

This way, when the Sales Employee is added to the Sales Team facet/tab, you will manually change 'Sales Employee Added'.
As a result of changing manually 'Sales Employee Added', this will trigger a workflow rule in which a notification will be sent to the Sales Employee.

Steps to create new Field 'Sales Employee Added' to Header of Opportunity:

Start Adaptation > Add field in Opportunity's Header with:

business context: Opportunity

label: Sales Employee Added

technical name: SalesEmployeeAdded

type: Indicator

default value: no (empty)

Steps to create Worflow Rule:

See if this approach helps.

Regards,

Gabriel

Sakil_Ahmed
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi julius.pereira25,

Thank you for your reply.

But I want to create any notification or email when I added sales employee under sales team.

Can you check if it is possible?

I am not able to find any sales team/sales employee field in work flow.

Juliuspereira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sakil,

You are correct. Any other partner functions added to the sales team are not available in the workflow conditions to add logic based on them. These partner functions are available in the recipient determination in the workflow but are not available as fields in the workflow condition setup.

I'm afraid, I think the only way to achieve this would be through custom sdk code.

Julius

P.S: You might want to submit an idea for this as well on the influence portal and SAP could consider it in one of the future releases provided it gets enough votes and traction.