cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Teams integration testing for 2202 release

Ben_Casey77
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a query regarding testing of the new MS Teams integration enhancements (Share Workspace & Deal Rooms) as per 2202 release.

Please can you advise on the following our point me in the right direction:

• As of last week (prior to 2202 upgrade of our DEV & QA tenants) we successfully managed to test the core functionality i.e. for Appointments.
  • Now we wish to test the new enhancements but unable to do so:
  • Shared Workspace - testing failed as we only see a blank ‘Share on Microsoft Teams’ screen > cannot progress further.
  • Deal Rooms - when trying to create new Deal Rooms from an Opportunity in Sales Cloud, I keeps Failing due to error: ‘Failed to get Team Details’ > cannot progress further.

Can anyone confirm if there is an additional action(s) we should be taking internally to address these issues? e.g. does the Sales Cloud app on MS Teams required to be upgraded as per Sales Cloud release? similar to Groupware software?

As it wasn’t mentioned in the 2202 briefing session that there is any restrictions in us testing these enhancements now, I’m not sure what is preventing us from doing so.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

annibel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

I followed your question as I was facing the same issues regarding testing of the new teams features.

With go-live of 2202 in PRD tenants the issue is fixed for us in PRD tenant, however an error message "C4C_SWS_InvalidtokenErrorMsg" persists in our test tenant when trying to execute the "add workspace" function. Do you have the same or do you maybe know if this is a security feature to prevent Teams from mixing up prd + test tenant?

Thanks for providing your feedback!

Ben_Casey77
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Annete,

Currently we only have this switched on in our test tenant and we're still performing UAT.

I'm able to successfully make use of the core functionality i.e. the MS Teams collaboration for Appointments.

Today when I came to re-test the new enhancements as per 2202 release, I now experience the following issues:

1. Share Workspace: I received a message telling me I do not have permissions to set this up. I checked the Enable MS Teams integration via Admin WC and see the instruction below. Unfortunately, I don't a MS Teams admin access, so I'm now waiting for internal support before I can further test this.

2. Deal Room: when trying to setup and hit save new Deal Room, nothing seems to happen even though I get confirmation changes have been saved. I'm not even seeing the new Deal Room listed in the list view as I did before. I assume this is also a 'newly added permission', so could be related to & dependent on the need to re-consent....but only guessing at this stage.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srutinayak
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello bcasey77 annzac ,

The 2202 features Share Workspace and Deal Rooms are now available after production upgrade.

To access them you have to provide the consent again and make sure to access these features with an user having MS 365 E5/E3 licenses with administrator access in the MS 365 Admin Center-> Users.

You could also follow my blog post on enabling and accessing Shared Workspace and Deal Rooms.

https://blogs.sap.com/2022/02/22/microsoft-teams-integration-with-sap-cloud-for-customer-sharing-wor...

Thank you!

Ben_Casey77
Participant

Thanks Sruti.

I'm aware of this and I have already started testing the new enhancements, which on the whole is working as expected.

I will check your blog (as I find these informative) and hope to share some observations on completion of my testing, if that benefit others following this.

Cheers

Ben

annibel
Explorer

Thanks from me too, Sruti,

I checked your blog which is very well explaining the difference betweed share workspace and deal room!

Regarding technical issues we had in our test environment with the new functions, we had to repeat the basic enablement steps in workcenter Admin/General/Enable Teams collaboration, however we had done this before when using the meeting functionalities of the first launch. After 2202 releaes our MS Teams administrator had added the newly required rights in Teams, however this was not enough. Only repeating the "Enable Teams collaboration" steps solved our issue with the a.m. error message.

Kind regards

Annete

srutinayak
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Annete,

Yes. The re-consent(repeating the "Enable Teams collaboration") is key step to enable and access the new features. This step adds the required new permissions to the users.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Ben_Casey77
Participant
0 Kudos

Update folks...SAP have responded to my query and confirmed that they have a 'known issue' which impacts the new MS Teams enhancements. I've been told that this is expected to be resolved within the next 1.5-2 weeks, more or less in-line with the 2202 upgrade across Live/Production tenants.

P.S. This has not been widely communicated....this is also being followed up internally.

ErichDyck
Participant
0 Kudos

Ah okay, many thanks for sharing this information.

Ben_Casey77
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok thanks Erich, I'm starting to sense this maybe the case. Would have been nice for them to have mentioned this during the briefing call. Oh well, let's see what happens I guess.

ErichDyck
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ben,

the product support told me at least for the Deal Rooms feature we must wait until the PROD upgrade. I think it's the same for the Shared Workspace.

BR