Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Creating Internal Memo Using “ActivityCollection” API in SAP C4C

jannethtv17
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Cloud for Customer Community,

I am encountering a problem while trying to create Internal Memo interactions for tickets in SAP C4C. We need these memos for integration with an external system. However, I've run into an issue with the 'ProcessingTypeCode' attribute.

Issue: The 'ProcessingTypeCode' is not a creatable attribute in the ActivityCollection object.

Current Options: The only header fields available for creation are 'PriorityCode', 'LifeCycleStatusCode', and 'InitiatorCode'.

Specific Problem: When using the 'ActivityCollection' API, it only allows the creation of interactions with 'ProcessingTypeCode' set to '0010' (Memo Activity). For our purpose, we need to create interactions of type '0011' for Internal Memo.

Could any experts here confirm which API should be used for creating Internal Memos, or suggest alternative approaches? Below is an example of our current API usage:

https://myxxxxx.crm.ondemand.com/sap/c4c/odata/v1/c4codataapi/ActivityCollection

{

"PriorityCode": "3",

"SubjectName": "External Comment",

"LifeCycleStatusCode": "1",

"InitiatorCode": "1",

"ActivityText": [

{

"Text": "Export for C4C: A proxy and a reverse \"proxy\" are both intermediaries in network communication, but they serve different purposes and are \"used\" in different contexts. Let's simplify the concepts:",

"TypeCode": "10011"

}

],

"ActivityParty": [

{

"ParentObjectID": "DGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDASDFGHJ",

"PartyID": "9000001100",

"PartyTypeCode": "167",

"RoleCode": "39",

"MainIndicator": true

},

{

"ParentObjectID": " DGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDGDASDFGHJ ",

"PartyID": "9000001100",

"PartyTypeCode": "167",

"RoleCode": "35",

"MainIndicator": true

],

"ActivityBusinessTransactionDocumentReference": [

{

"ID": "292523",

"TypeCode": "118",

"RoleCode": "1"

}

]

}

Any advice or guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abap_user
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Janet,

I have been unable to create an internal memo via the c4c api for a while with no luck. It doesn't help that the documentation is so poor.

As an alternative I made a post on how to create a portal activity.

https://community.sap.com/t5/customer-relationship-management-blogs-by-members/how-to-create-a-porta...

Thanks,

Jonas

alan_chen03
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Janneth,

Unfortunately, it's impossible to create the internal memo for a ticket via OData API.

As a workaround, you can use Data Workbench to achieve this.

Regards,
Alan