cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration: SAP Marketing Cloud (2202) - SAP Analytics Cloud (Embedded Edition)

denny_otten
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Community,

is there somewhere a guide for the Integration of SAP Marketing Cloud (2022) with SAP Analytics Cloud (Embedded Edition)?

I only found the following chapter in the Onboarding Guide (of "SAP Marketing Cloud")
https://help.sap.com/viewer/8982c0f28bca4839b563f10df1f8c259/2202.500/en-US/201e5b78056d499697d2a2c8...
However, the guide seems to be incomplete and does not treat our case.

Our customer has a SAP Marketing Cloud tenant which has been delivered several years ago. The customer has also a license for SAP Analytics Cloud (Embedded Edition), which is "not provided" in SAP Marketing Cloud. Therefore, it seems that the integration must be performed manually. The manual integration from the Onboarding Guide above discusses only the Integration with SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise Edition). The integration with SAP Analytics Cloud (Embedded Edition) is similar, but not identical. I need to know who the integration has to be performed in detail.

Could you support me with this issue?

Many thanks in advance.

Best reagrds,
Denny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

isathore
    Advisor
    Advisor

Hi Denny,

Just to be clear, customers cannot get a license stand-alone of SAP Analytics Cloud, embedded edition. This edition is a special edition that is provisioned as part of the license of other products, like SAP Marketing Cloud.

If the customer acquired a license before release 2011, then he is not entitled to SAP Analytics Cloud, embedded edition that is provisioned together with SAP Marketing Cloud. SAP Marketing Cloud comes with a bundled SAP Analytics Cloud for which the integration must be done manually.

If the customer acquired a license 2011 or after, SAP Marketing Cloud is provisioned with SAP Analytics Cloud, embedded edition - no manual integration is required. It is done automatically.

I am sorry that you think that our documentation is not sufficient. May I point your to Setup of SAP Analytics Cloud, Embedded Edition/SAP Analytics Cloud - SAP Help Portal, under section Identifying Your SAP Analytics Cloud Version. It mentions a way to identify the which version the customer has. Furthermore, under this document, there are 2 sub-documents that explain the procedure and refers documentation, depending of the version.

Just to be clear, SAP don't do any connection, as mentioned by Tobias:

- If the SAP Marketing Cloud license includes SAP Analytics Cloud, embedded edition and it doesn't work, then create a case for component CEC-MKT-ISG-ME.

- If the SAP Marketing Cloud license doesn't include SAP Analytics Cloud, embedded edition, the integration must be done manually with SAP Analytics Cloud. See Manual Integration of SAP Analytics Cloud - SAP Help Portal.

- If the customer additionally acquired a license of SAP Analytics Cloud Enterprise, which is possible also, the integration must also be done manually with SAP Analytics Cloud. See Manual Integration of SAP Analytics Cloud - SAP Help Portal.

I hope this helps. Best Regards, Isabelle

0 Kudos

Hi Isabelle,

many thanks for your detailled response.

Our customer has prolongated the license for SAP Marketing Cloud a few month ago. Originally, the SAP Marketing Cloud tenant has been delivered 5-6 (or even more) years ago. During the prolongation process, the customer has requested and received a SAP Analytic Cloud edition. It was told by SAP that it is an "Embedded Edition". The SAC edition has an URL of the form
    https://<sac-tenant>.eu2.sapanalytics.cloud
    and (as I heard yesterday afternoon) also an "Initial Access" email was sent for this tenant. But nobody has ever activated the tenant. For me it seems to be an SAP Analytics Cloud Enterprise Edition. Following the steps from above, to Identify the SAC Edition in SAP Marketing Cloud, it is shown the status "In Error". This implies, that either the SAC is an "Enterprise Edition" or an "Embedded Edition" that has not configured correctly.

However, I now have opened an SAP Incident to clarify the situation.

Many thanks once more.

Best reagrds,
    Denny

SCHNEIDERT
    Active Contributor
    0 Kudos

Hi Denny,

so the customer now bought SAC separately, but as "Embedded Version" for SAP Marketing Cloud?

Didn't know that this is even possible.

But I assume that you are not able to perform this integration by yourself in this specific case because of missing authorizations in SAC.

I would open an incident and ask SAP to do the connection for you.

BR Tobias

avsalynin
    Active Contributor
    0 Kudos

denny.otten

may be this video will help you.

also recommend this video

denny_otten
    Explorer
    0 Kudos

Hi avsalynin

in both videos only the features are discussed, but not how to setup the integration between SAP Marketing Cloud and SAP Analytics Cloud (Embedded Edition) in case that SAP Analytics Cloud (Embedded Edition) is "not provided" in the sense of
    https://help.sap.com/viewer/8982c0f28bca4839b563f10df1f8c259/2202.500/en-US/201e5b78056d499697d2a2c8...

However, many thanks for the videos, but unfortunately this does not solve the problem indicated above.