Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Extension Pack replicate material on SAP Commerce 2205

stefaniaZ
Participant
0 Kudos

Good Morning.

I configured the imboundProduct Flow from SAP ECC.

This is a flow: SAP ECC -> BTP INTEGRATION SUITE -> SAP COMMERCE

When SAP COMMERCE import product the product are created on 3 catalogs in staged version:

Default:Staged

Catalog_plant1_01

Catalog_plant2_01

I Understand that this is a normal situation.

The products are created in status check and not in status approved.

Which is the best practice for move product from staged to online and Change status product from check to approved?

How Start solr index automatly? In this way the product is visible on store front.

thanks

Stefania

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

samuelyang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Stefania,

The best practice is to use a product approval workflow in the Backoffice to manually approve the product data in SAP Commerce after pulling the product data from ECC. The approval workflow should move products from check status to approved status and after that we can publish or synchronize the staged products to online.

The solr index update cronjob running in the background should automatically pick up the new products and create/update the solr index files. After that the new products will be visible and searchable on the storefront.

stefaniaZ
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samuel,

thanks so much. Is it possible that BTB set the status on commerce?

For the product approval workflow you mean this this https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_COMMERCE/c0234cf985ba4390b4eebe4a38a4457f/af8159b0026949a1828d2a2ca0b7... ?

Because this is my header and there is not the button for collaboration center.

thanks

Stefania

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

samuelyang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Stefania,

The Workflow Activation Script is used by the system to automatically create a workflow instance if the conditions in the script are met. But you can also manually create new workflow instances.

On the top right corner of the Backoffice, if you click on the two-person icon(the 3rd icon) it will popup the Collaboration Center window, from there you can create a workflow and check pending tasks.

Please refer to Workflow and Collaboration and Working with Workflows to learn more about the workflow feature.

samuelyang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Stefania,

Yes it is possible that BTB set the status on commerce, but it's not recommended, you know the product master data pulled from ERP is not good enough for Commerce storefront, we need to polish some of the product data like name, description, summary, images before we can publish to the live site.

Collaboration Center in Backoffice Framework is used to manage workflows in the system. If you don't see the button, probably you don't have the workflow permissions or you don't have the workflow module installed at all.

stefaniaZ
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samuel,

thanks.

The module pcmbackoffice is present in my localextension.xml and i am logged with admin user.

In the left I see workflow

I read the documentation and I found this https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_COMMERCE/d0224eca81e249cb821f2cdf45a82ace/8c878e7286691014b3aaf108edc3...

I understand that my case is this: Workflow Activation Script. Correct?

I create new workflow template with id :test and owner: admin

In activation script I insert this:

// this script will create a new workflow when a product is created or saved and its approval status is check
(
	// create new item
	(action.equals("create") &&

// initialValues must be set
	initialValues != null &&

) ||

// save item
(action.equals("create") &&

// currentValues must be set
currentValues != null &&

// approvalStatus must be set
currentValues.get("approvalStatus") != null &&

// approvalStatus must be set to "approved"
currentValues.get("approvalStatus").getCode().equals("approved"))) &&

// created or saved item is a product
((de.hybris.platform.servicelayer.type.TypeService) Registry.getApplicationContext().getBean("typeService")).isAssignableFrom("Product", itemType.getCode())

but it do not working. Is it mandatory create the actions? Because In the guide is not clear.

Stefania