cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How we can send doubleOptIn emails with import process

gourav63875
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have to import some lite accounts from CSV file. How I can send doubleOptIn emails to all users, so that they can verify subscription again.

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi, gourav63875:

Welcome to the SAP Community! We're glad you've come here to get answers to your questions. If you're also interested in connecting with community members, please pay a visit to our Welcome Corner. You'll need to sign up, but it's a great way to interact with peers and connect with other experts!

Since you're asking a question here for the first time, I'd like to offer some friendly advice on how to get the most out of your community membership and experience.

Please see https://community.sap.com/resources/questions-and-answers, as this resource page provides tips for preparing questions that draw responses from our members. Feel free to take our Q&A tutorial at https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-qa.html, as that will help you when submitting questions to the community. And connect with our SAP Champions for advice about asking questions.

You should also make sure your e-mail notifications are turned on for "Comments and answers to my questions and questions I follow" at #communications -- so you won't miss any replies to your question.

In addition, I recommend that you include a profile picture. By personalizing your profile, you encourage readers to respond: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-profile.html.

Now for some specific suggestions on how you might improve your question:

* Outline what steps you took to find answers (and why they weren't helpful) -- so members don't make suggestions that you've already tried.

* Share screenshots of what you've seen/done (if possible), as images always help our members better understand your problem.

* Make sure you've applied the appropriate tags -- because if you don't apply the correct tags, the right experts won't see your question to answer it.

Should you wish, you can revise your question by selecting Actions, then Edit.

I hope you find this advice useful, and please let me know if you require any additional guidance!

All the best,
--Jerry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Hi gourav,

It will need to be a 2-step process setup with the IdentitySync Dataflows where the first-step imports the subscription using either the accounts.importFullAccount REST or accounts.importLiteAccount REST API methods, and the second step calls the accounts.setAccountInfo REST API method to actually update the subscription and send the email. You can discuss possible approaches further with SAP's expert/consulting services team who would be the best point-of-contact to help you review your exact requirements and tweak the dataflow to suit your business needs. The gist of it is that you can use the "record.evaluate" dataflow component to setup a custom script that will enable you to import all subscriptions on the import step with:

"isSubscribed": false

, and then on the setAccountInfo step change the subscriptions that the user has subscribed to back to:

"isSubscribed": true

As a side note, it's also important to be considerate of the general do's and don'ts for sending email blasts (see here). We would strongly recommend setting-up your own SMTP relay to send the emails instead of through Customer Data Cloud's default relay which will is meant for testing purposes and will not pass DMARC validation, and discussing further with your mail provider if they have any concerns with the volume of email you are looking to send, and see if they can provide any recommendations on the strategy and best-practices.

Best regards
Joshua