cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate service contract form - using action profiles or the new output control

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear S/4 Service Experts,

What is the best practice and SAP's roadmap for generating forms for the service transactions in the S/4 On-Premise solution.

I see both options available with smartforms using action profile and also the new form templates which is used in output control management. I understand how the old ways of working using action profiles and generating forms after the execution of the actions.

But how do we manage to generate forms using the output control management. Does the form gets generated and automatically attached in the service transactions, or is there an external action required to generate the forms. I went through all available SAP Help documents, and there is only limited information available, and any insights would be helpful and really appreciated.

Thanks,

Siraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Silvia_Ventura
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Siraj

I'm not sure to understand your question. Are you asking how to create forms? The old transaction SMARTFORMS provides some forms as example (look up with CRM_* in field FORM) .

If you prefer you could use the new option : Cross-Application Components -> Output Control

where you could copy the form template SERVICE*

• SERVICE_CONTRACT SERVICE_CONTRACT CRMS4_SERVICE_CONTRACT_DEFAULT
  • SERVICE_ORDER REPAIR_ORDER_SUMMARY_EXT CRMS4_REPAIR_ORDER_SUMMARY_EXT
  • SERVICE_ORDER REPAIR_ORDER_SUMMARY_INT CRMS4_REPAIR_ORDER_SUMMARY_INT
  • SERVICE_ORDER SERVICE_ORDER_SUMMARY CRMS4_SERVICE_ORDER_SUMMARY

Am I misunderstanding your question?

Best regards

Silvia

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

Thanks for your comments. I would like to understand what is SAP's recommendation and roadmap for generating output forms for service transactions. Is it to use the old ways using action profile or the new output control?

If we are using output control, I can maintain all configurations for the output types and maintain the conditions in the BRF+. But where can I see the form generated by the system. Will it get generated automatically and attached in the attachments tab?? Because for sales documents, there is a specific view to display the generated forms (Extras --> Output).

Regards,

Siraj