cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a link to view an Email sent by SMC?

former_member654580
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I have a problem with email campaigns.

Logically, when an email to which the campaign is sent may have security restrictions, they are usually corporate email accounts or domains.

When the mail is sent to Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and the mail falls in the main tray, the photos and other components of the email are loaded.

But, when it is private domain, no.

I have seen in some cases you can add a paragraph and a link similar to: If you cannot see the message in your inbox Click Here to view it on the WEB.

How can I redirect the client to a XXX URL to see the same mail I am sending but in the browser?

BR

Elio C

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SCHNEIDERT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elio,

in the Content Studio, you can easily add a so called „View in Browser“ link to your email. This is a feature that is available out of the box. There‘s no further configuration needed and the customer can click that link to show your email in his browser.

When you insert a link in a text box in Email Lite, you can choose that link type on the right pane.

Hope that's what you're searching for.

BR Tobias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member654580
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias Schneider

Thanks for answering.

I reviewed the option you mentioned, but only this email lite, it would be a matter of guiding the user to use that route instead of email.

However, I see that I must add a URL, what URL should I put.

The intention is that the client has the option to see the content of the email and an additional web browser to their corporate email account.

I did the test but the word marked as view in browser doesn't work.

BR

Elio C

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elio,

The url field is only a "fallback URL", which is a url that would be used in case "something goes wrong", which normally doesn't happen.

Also, you will not get a working "view in browser" url when you do a Test Send.

Only on a "real" send through a campaign, this "view in browser" link will be generated. So best to make a test campaign with only yourself in the target group and see what happens then.

Bonus tip: by standard, the url will be something in the format of .sap.hana.ondemand.com or something alike.

If you want this to be a branded url, you can add your CDN in the configuration, you can find more info here.