Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we create Marketing Attributes category in SAP Marketing Cloud

amir_ansari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I would like to know if there is a way to create Marketing Attribute categories within SAP Marketing Cloud (Via an app). As far as I know this is only possible with API but for us that is not possible since Our Marketing cloud only import contact data from E-Commerce (Non-SAP) site and there is currently now way there to capture the Marketing Attribute Category.

Our Original requirement is to be able to classify our contact data based on their Industry (Education, Hospitality) in SAP marketing Cloud so that we can setup different campaigns based on different industries. The biggest challenge currently is to update the existing Contact database with this information. If we try Data File Upload option we will face risk of data loss . I am not sure how can we do a mass update via API too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

isathore
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

There is no possibility to maintain marketing attributes or categories manually an it is not planned to invest in this. See influence request Ability to maintain marketing attribute.

For uploading marketing attribute categories, see online documentation about the provided API Basic Concepts | SAP Help Portal.

This said, you can post changes to a contact without erasing existing data. Please see online documentation Basic Concepts | SAP Help Portal > Processing Info and Best Practices, in particular:

"We recommend that you use PATCH requests for all other imports. A PATCH request updates only the properties provided in the request body and leaves everything untouched that was not provided. So, you can omit all properties that are not to be changed. Like the PUT request, if no record is found, a new record is created with the available properties. In other words. the PATCH request functions as a delta upsert."

Best Regards

Isabelle