cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email needs to send after 24hrs.

Pooja_123
Discoverer
0 Kudos

User is created now but business wants to sent welcome mail after 24hrs. Is it possible to send in any ways?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dvonglobus
Explorer

Hi Pooja & everyone,

This is a good question in my opinion, I know that this could maybe be done via Emarsys - not using the Welcome email feature in CDC, instead sending the newly registered customer to Emarsys via an API into a Triggered Autoamation, sending the Welcome email from Emarsys.

However if Emarsys wouldn't be in place, I believe other mailing services such as Mailchimp or HubSpot could have such a triggered email capability.

Overall I believe having a dedicated emailing platform (that can assure good email branding and email client compatibility as an example) is worth the investment to assure better communication with customers.

Pooja_123
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your information.

dvonglobus
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sure, reading my comment again I'd like to add in, for your use case, that the users could be sent to a tool handling sending out emails (Emarsys, SFMC, HubSpot, MailChimp..), placed into a segment with a column indicating the time they registered (via a timestamp), and have an email automation working with this segment, which would send emails with a 24-hour counter against that registration timestamp column.

This could be a segment with contacts entering in and out, once the people would get the email, they could be removed from that segment to prevent sending out duplicate emails.

This would require an emailing tool that could do the above, not sure whether the HubSpot and MailChimp automations / workflows would be able to handle that, and of course, buying these tools just to send out Welcome emails probably wouldn't make sense, however the use case of these tools could be expanded beyond welcome emails, handling all forms of communication, using CDC puirely as a customer data and consent & preference store.

dvonglobus
Explorer
0 Kudos

Do you happen to have any dedicated marketing / customer engagement / emailing tool in place already? I.e. SAP Marketing Cloud?

Kunal_Bansal
Active Contributor

Hello pooja.ashwath,

Based on my implementation experience, there's no way you can delay the Welcome Email delivery in standard CDC design.

For this feature to be considered in the future release, submit a Customer Influence Idea to SAP.

I hope this information helped close this thread.

Thanks and Regards,

Kunal Bansal

Solution Architect, SAP CX

Pooja_123
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Sure, Thanks Kunal

Preeti1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi pooja.ashwath,

The New User Welcome Email is an automated email.

Under Identity - Connect this feature can only be enabled or disabled in the CDC console. This is an OOTB feature in CDC, and this cannot be controlled in any other way as there is no specific CDC API that can trigger this email.

Hence this is a custom requirement, and I suggest that you reach out to the SAP Support Team directly.

Regards,
Preethi G
SAP CDC Consultant

Pooja_123
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Preethi