Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer does not want to have Facebook's SDK in their app

former_member796565
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi There,

My customer RAI is very sensitive to GDPR and data management.

In this particular case, they are using our Social login, but they really don't like having to use the Facebook and Instagram SDKs in their apps as they are worried about data management.

They would like to effectively bypass the need of using FB SDKs in their application with CDC.

Is there a way / a possibility to do so?

Thanks in advance.

Gabriele

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

samuelyang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Gabriele,

Per documentation, When using any Gigya Mobile SDKs, it is necessary to install the provider's latest native SDK for supporting any 3rd party social networks that you want your app to provide. The social provider's SDK must be properly configured, particularly bundle ID and package name must match the appropriate platforms on the social provider developer's console page for the app id being used.

But other than using the social providers' native SDKs, CDC also supports In-App Browser, which means It is possible to have in-app browser support within the Gigya Mobile SDKs by configuring an API Domain Prefix and using authFlow redirect. However This functionality is not officially supported yet.

So I think you can give the in-app browser and authFlow redirect a quick try.

Please let me know how it works, thanks!

former_member796565
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Samuel, I shall pass this onto the customer and see if it is something they'd consider.

Gabriele