cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create new customer field c4c

dear all ...i want to make a rule in creating new customer field through which when i choose an entry in a field the other field give me the same entry i have choosen in the previous field...any help?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Ahmed,

Out of curiosity, why would you want/need to have this kind of requirement in place?

Thank you,

Gabriel

0 Kudos

Dear all , when searching for a customer in c4c by mobile number it gives no results while with the name it works and it was working perfectly before by mobile number?

0 Kudos

Hello Ahmed,

Could you tell me which field were you using to search for the customer?

Thank you,

Gabriel

Juliuspereira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

You can create a workflow rule on every save, with actions: rule type = 'field update'. In the rule type = 'field update' you will choose which field to update and choose update type 'copy from field' and then specify the previous field.

Try this out and reply if you run into any issues.

Julius

0 Kudos

The field which i want tk make rule for is not appearing in the list of fields

Juliuspereira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is that a custom field or a standard one?

0 Kudos

A custom field

Juliuspereira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure the below settings are enabled for your custom field. I've tried this and I see the custom field in the list of fields. Note that my custom field is in the ticket object. Thus the screenshots below pertain to Tickets. In your case it should be similar but for your business object. In summary, you have to maintain the settings in the Services tab and Odata Services tab in the custom field editor. You might have to play with this to find the appropriate service description and name/ name space pertaining to your business object.

Also make sure you are selecting the correct business object in step 1 of rule creation. i.e. the same business object for which you created the custom field, should be used in the rule.

Give it a shot.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your rapid response i appreciate...can we make a rule with functin like function case and so on ?

Juliuspereira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not quite sure I understand. Can you elaborate? All logic can only be added to the conditions tab of the workflow rule.

saipeddaiahgari
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Ahmed,

As Julius mentioned, Using Workflow you can copy the field from the previous field. This option comes only if both the fields are of same data type.

If you're looking to aadd more logic to determine the value, you can determine the field value using Update type Formula in workflow.

You can check https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_CLOUD_FOR_CUSTOMER/32be769e59aa4d7fa4a9ae7241a900d0/44fb1a836a99427b8c...

https://userapps.support.sap.com/sap/support/knowledge/en/2817897

on how to use the Formula editor.

Thanks

Sai.

0 Kudos

It get works....thanks so much...but if i want to delete rows from list values in afield what shall i do

Juliuspereira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a provision in the workflow editor to add or replace values. Check this link.

https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_CLOUD_FOR_CUSTOMER/32be769e59aa4d7fa4a9ae7241a900d0/44fb1a836a99427b8c...

However I don't believe its possible to delete values in the field definition. You have the provision to inactivate the ones that you do not need. So that way they will be inactivated for good as compared to removing the values during rule execution.