cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you remove the option to close a profile completion screen?

mshannon93
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have got a profile completion screen triggering upon login that asks our fans to submit a few more details. These additional details are fields that are = NULL but that are now required in our account schema.

I noticed during testing that you can close this screen-set and not add the required fields, meaning it will continue to appear after every login until it's completed but more importantly leaves it open that our website visitors can close the screen and not add the additional data that we would like.

I do not see the option in the UI Builder to remove the option to close this profile completion screen-set. Are there any ways to do this, maybe in the Javascript editor?

Thanks,

Mark

olehi941
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello mshannon93,

Quick clarification: you want to get rid of closing the screen by the end customer(clicking on the cross icon) when it has been invoked as a modal(not embedded)?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

olehi941
Active Participant

Hello mshannon93,

I would like to make some remarks based on already given answers and give a response based on my experience.

1) If you want to follow the approach that Kumar suggested, you can use it in this way:
When onBeforeScreenLoad fires we have parameters:
a) currentScreen
b) nextScreen

In the current case, I would suggest to use nextScreen:

if (event.nextScreen == 'your-complete-registration-screen'){...}

You may not need to use here currentScreen, as you are not 100% sure from where you have been directed: from the login screen or the registration screen. Examples below:

2) Please check yourself and investigate if the approach above will work for you, because:
- I am not sure that you can access the DOM and change something before it has been rendered(before the onAfterScreenLoad event).

3) Overall I don't see a benefit of using Javascript in comparison to CSS here. You don't need to catch when it happened, you just need to hide the cross icon or the section of the cross icon only for the Registration Completion screen. So, I would use CSS here.

mshannon93
Explorer

Thank you olehi94 for the option using CSS. This feels like the best approach as we are just looking to hide the option to close the screen to encourage our customers to add the additional details required. Our website can be used in a logged out state, so having the close button increases the chance that our customers will close the login modal and reduce our logged in user numbers.

I will attempt this CSS option.

Thank you

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kumar5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

You will not be allowed to login until you submit all required data on completion screen. Hence to me it does not make any logic to restrict user from closing the screen.

If you still want to remove close icon you can put below code into your onBeforeScreenLoad event in javascript

If (event.currentScreen == 'your profile completion screenid'){

document.getElementsByClassName('gigya-screen-dialog-close')[0].hidden = true

}

BR,

Kumar