Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BusinessProcess stuck in Hybris 2105

sharada1234
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Currently we are upgrading SAP hybris from 6.2 to 2105.Upgrade is now completed but in each version i have issues with Business process. We are using business process to send Order Confirmation email. This is the process we are using to send order confirmation mail:orderConfirmationEmailProcess.xml(Same as OOTB)

I got below issue in 6.2 and the issue was clear.Below suggested solution works(Created DynamicProcessDefinition).

https://answers.sap.com/questions/12753708/nosuchprocessdefinitionexception-no-process-defini.html

In 1905,Business process is failing again and the order process got stuck at current tasks and not moving to next step. This time it is not giving any error. I am not understanding how to check the issue further. Attached issue screenshots.

Could you please help with some ideas to resolve these kind of issues?

orderprocess-error1.png,orderprocess-eroor2.png

safin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

would you please paste the related logs?

sharada1234
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi 1370_9459_9712,

It is not throwing any error in backend. I can see the current task is failed without any error.

Thanks,

Sharada

safin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I guess, it's the sendEmail action failed, right?

sharada1234
Explorer
0 Kudos

It is failing at first task :generateOrderConfirmationEmail,and not moving to next step.

We are using OOTB class only for this Action i.e GenerateEmailAction.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

adiputera
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are facing same issue although on 2011, what we did was follow the instruction from https://me.sap.com/notes/0002973429, you might try running query that's on that page

safin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharada,

i just tried this action in my local environment where 2015 commerce is installed, unfortunately, i cannot reproduce this problem, but i can give you some suggests.

First of all, the business process is based on task engine, where each action in the business process including GenerateEmailAction is asynchronously and dynamically scheduled/executed by the underlying task service, it means it is difficult to estimate when each action will be finished

Secondly there are a list of reasons which can result in a task indicated as failure, some possible reasons include:

• A scheduled task has expired before being processed.
  • The cluster node shuts down abnormally while processing an action.
  • The exception thrown by action itself.

Your case shows the current task has failed which result in that the business process will not move to the next node

My suggestion is that you can:

• make sure this is a problem in GenerateEmailAction rather than the environment, for example, you can develop a subclass for GenerateEmailAction, use this subclass to replace GenerateEmailAction in your business process, make the business logic for the subclass very simple. if there is no problem in your business process as you replace GenerateEmailAction with the new subclass, it means there is something wrong in GenerateEmailAction
  • add breakpoint for GenerateEmailAction, then debug commerce to find the reason. For dynamically/asynchronously scheduled task, debugging is the best way for me to find the reason

Hopefully it can help you a little