- SAP Marketing Cloud deprecated version 2 of the ODATA Contacts API.
- SAP CDC DataFolw only supports version 2 in integration with Marketing.
FYI, the biggest problem is that version 0002 of API_MKT_CONTACT had only one entity MarketingPermission for both Permissions and Subscriptions, whereas in version 0003 and 0004 there are separate entities for Permissions and Subscriptions.
Furthermore, version 0004 manages the communication data in the AdditionalIDs section (for example, the email disappears from the contactOrigin payload).
We ask you for a technical support to understand the fundamental points of the new integration flow between SAP CDC and SAP SMC via SAP CI in order to configure the flow in an aware way.
1) Our use case concerns a scenario with a dozen different data_controllers from CDC (Parent API Keys) and one single SMC. How should we configure the flow? We need to deploy five elements for each API KEY? We need to duplicate only the main flow? Or one flow is enought for all API KEYs?
2) What does it mean to set higher or lower limits on data fetch?
3) Why does the fetch loop stop at 10 attempts and the query of each loop at 100? What would happen if we left the number too low? Are there any lower or upper bounds?
4) Why is the "select" preset to 2000? What would happen if we left the number too low? Would contact updates be lost?
5) Why is a 5 minute timer recommended? Are there any lower or upper bounds?
6) If we wanted to use version 0003, more similar to the current version 0002 that is being deprecated, what should we do? Is the flow flexible in these activities? Or does it need to rebuild the mappings and schematics from scratch?
Our doubts are related to the number of contacts and the workload to which to submit the CPI, we imagine that the mappings and the various ODATA calls are already all correct as expected.
I can confirm that there is version 0004, in fact in point 6 of my doubts I asked what it meant from a technical point of view to change the pointing and use version 0003, more similar to the current 0002 except for the Permissions and Subscriptions entities.
I went into the flow detail.
I understand that, to change the version, the mappings and schemes for Profile, Consents and Subscription will have to be updated. In addition, the url must be changed both in Post to Marketing and in the "Fetch Metadata of Contact from SAP Marketing Cloud" (a flow exploited by the "Check_Marketing_Connection" to confirm the availability of the Marketing system and avoid losing updates).
The same changes will also be made on the Initial Load to Replicate Customer from SAP Customer Data Cloud to SAP Marketing Cloud flow.
I would say to draw the conclusion that for this flow it is better not to change version 0004.
I could not answer every question, but I found it uses API_MKT_CONTACT_SRV V4 in the standard iflow.
Could you please double check it from your side?