1) What are the Types of Layout?
Master – Which will be applied for all the users
Page layout – will be applied for users of a business role for which the layout is assigned
2) Who can configure the page layouts?
Only key user can configure.
3) Unable to find a field while trying to add in Page Layout?
Fields should be available in the master layout first to be present in the list while trying to add it to a page layout
4) Does Personalization overwrites page layout configuration for that user?
Yes. If any personalization is done it will overwrite the page layout configuration for that user.
5) Can mashup and embedded reports be added to page layout?
Mashup and embedded reports cannot be added to a page layout, it can only be added to Master Layout (means you will not find the “Add Mashup” and "Add embedded reports" option)
6) Can the sequence of fields changed?
Yes the sequence can be changed in Master Layout, Page Layout and Personalization.
7) How changes to page layout will take effect?
If there are first time changes done to a particular screen for a page layout after all the assignments are done, it will not take effect automatically.
Let say you have done page layout assignments to a Business Object, and later if any further changes to a page layout is done for the first time in that particular screen, recent changes won’t reflect for the business users, So you need to go to “Assign page layout” for that Business role in the corresponding Business Object change the layout to any other Pagelayout and change it again back to the concerned page layout.
Note: This doesn’t need to be done for all the Business roles. If done for one Business role, then the changes will be applied for all the business roles assigned to that page layout.
😎 Can we change the label of a field in a page layout?
No, this can only be done in master layout not in any page layouts.
9) Not able to find Sales order Business Object in Assign Page Layout?
To make assignments for sales order screen, you should use Sales Quotes Business Object
10) Not able to find “Contacts” Business Object?
To make assignments for Contacts screen, you should choose “Business Partner” Business Object.
11) Can I assign page layout for more than one instance type for a Business Object?
No. page layout can be assigned to only one instance type for respective Business Object.
12) Why there is unknown business roles in the “Assign page layout” screen?
This Unknown Business Role either results from a deletion of a Business Role after an assignment was made to it or most likely from an import where the source tenant had more or other Business Roles defined for which assignments had been made but which are not present in this tenant.
By showing these assignments the Key User can now easily see if there is a mismatch between the Business Roles used for Page Layout assignments in source and target tenant.
13) How and When to clean the Unknown Business Role?
By setting the assignments back to Master Layout of the Unknown Business Roles the lines will disappear. The Key User can do this for cleaning up after making sure that the corresponding roles are missing by intention.
14) What should be done if the page layout does not work for an EC?
The assignment should be done to the Parent Business Object where the EC is embedded.
15) What will happen if the instance type is changed for a Business Object in “Assign Page Layout”?
This will delete all the previous page layout assignments made for that particular Business Object.
16) Can i add or remove queries specific to a page layout? Yes you can add or remove queries in a page layout
17) How will the properties work for Multiple Business Roles and multiple Pagelayout Assignment?
Visible : AND (Visbility will be true only if it is true for all the layouts that is assigned to the Roles) True + False = False
Read Only : OR (Read only will be true if atleast one of the layout assigned to a role has read only as true) True + False = True
Mandatory : OR ((Mandatory will be true if atleast one of the layout assigned to a role has Mandatory as true) True + False = True