Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Area mandatory

former_member320292
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to make sales area data mandatory. We are using Badi to get this functionality.

We have tried with folowing Badi's

BUPA_FRG0140_UPDATE

We have used this code

DATA: wa_sales TYPE CRMT_BUS_LNK0010_KEY,

it_sales LIKE wa_sales.

IF wa_sales-sales_org = ' '.

MESSAGE 'Please Enter sales area' TYPE 'W'.

endif.

With this I am getting a warning message as desired. But whenn I try to maintain sales area data it gives an system error " SYST: Error in function ADDR_NUMBER_GET"

Please inform how to resolve thi.

If there is alternativ emethod to make sales area data mandatory please suggest.

Will Reward points for helpful answers.

Regards,

Rahul

Edited by: Rahul K on May 26, 2008 11:51 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srikantan_j
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

For your current requirement, you can try implementing the incompleteness procedure.

The SAP CRM IMG Menu path: IMG->Customer Relationship Management->Basic Functions->Incompleteness->Define Incompleteness Procedures.

In incompletenss procedure, you can make settings for the incompleteness check in business transactions. You can define when a business transaction should be considered incomplete in the system and what message type the system should issue to the application log during data processing. You can restrict the incompletion check to individual transaction types and also to individual business partners.

To set up the incompleteness check, do the following steps:

1. Define an incompletenss group (Groups transaction types which the same conditions are valid in the incompleteness check.) for business transactions and items.

2. Define an incompletenss check for business partners. In the business partner master data, assign the required business partners in the Sales Area Data on the Sales tab to the incompleteness group.

3. Assign transaction types to the incompleteness groups. The same conditions are valid in the incompleteness check for all transaction types that have the same incompleteness group assigned.

4. Assign item categories to the incompleteness groups. The same conditions are valid in the incompleteness check for all item categories that have the same incompleteness group assigned

5. Define the incompleteness procedures that are valid for the various subobjects of a transaction, for example, for organizational data (ORGMAN) or for product data at item level (PRODUCT_I).

In an incompleteness procedure, you can group fields together that you want to check for completeness. If you do not enter data in any of these fields in the business transaction, the transaction is considered incomplete.

For each field in the procedure, you must also define whether the message issued to the application log during data processing should be a warning or error message.

6. Assign the incompleteness groups to the incompleteness procedures. This determines the business transactions in which checks are carried out.

Please go through the link provided below for any further information

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/be/9928aeec99b24484f92a2a6220280a/frameset.htm]

Wish this helps you

regards

Srikantan

former_member320292
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srikantan,

This pertains to incompleteness check for transaction.

You need to assign incompleteness group in BP first & then while creation of transaction system will carry out incompleteness check.

I am looking at error/warning message at BP creation level itself.

Thanks,

Rahul

srikantan_j
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

For your current requirement you can try defining mandatory fields at the BP level, you need to go to the following SAP CRM IMG Menu:

IMG-> Cross-Application Components->SAP Business Partners->Business Partner->Basic Settings->Field Groupings->Configure Field Attributes as per BP Role.

Here select the BP Role in which you need to define the mandatory fields and click on the push button field groupings.

You will get a list of radio buttons for data sets.... here you can maintain the field as Req. entry. (mandatory)

By doing so, when you create BP it can't be saved, until you provide entry to this field.

Wish this helps you

regards

Srikantan

former_member320292
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srikantan,

I have already checked on field grouping for making it mandatory.

Apparently, it does not provide fascility for making Sales Org mandatory.

Regards,

Rahul

ashish_nagpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi there

for making sales area data mandatory i believe u should try use standard,because if u r making it mandatory inside the transaction,you can enter the org data profile

which will make the org to be determined that is the sales area to be filled in transaction ,in either case you may not need using the BAdi

regarding ur error the probs seems to be that ur sales area data is not getting retrieved

best regards

ashish

former_member320292
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

It's required for BP. I just skipped it.

For transaction we have used org det rule. For BP we want user org unit or make it mandatory so that user doesn't forget to add it for SP role.

Thanks,

Rahul