cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical link / Work center for directly accessing "Business Activities"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are upgrading from CRM 5.0 to CRM 2007. One unique challenge that I have encountered is the access to search, change or create - BUSINESS ACTIVITIES (Leading Transaction category: BUS2000126) in the CRM Web UI. We would like to directly access Business activities through a work center -> Logical link or a Logical link, in the SALESPRO business role.

This is available in the IC_AGENT business role. But you need to create a preceding Interaction record and then create a followup activity -> Business activity. We do not want to do this. We want to be able to access the business activites directly. For example, Leads and Opportunities can be accessed directly through the work Center: "Sales Cycle".

Does anyone know if there is a work center that I can use in SALESPRO business role that will give me direct access to Business Activities . I can use the transaction launcher to access the HTML version of the winclient transaction (T Code: (CRMD_BUS2000126) but I do not want to use the transaction launcher. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seriously?!!!

This is standard delivered functionality in the CRM 2007 SALESPRO delivered role. Please check your user security or your eyes or both I doubt this is a unique challenge as we have been working with activities in CRM 52/2007 environment in production for over a year now.

I don't know you could have missed the "Activities" work center on the SALESPRO role. My standard SALESPRO role shows:

Home

Worklist

Calendar

E-mail Inbox

Account Management

Activities

Sales Cycle

Pipeline performance

Sales Operations

Reports

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I am pretty Serious?!!!

The standard SAP delivered "ACTIVITIES" WORK CENTER has the following Logical links for CREATE:

Activity

Activity Scheduling

Activity Template

Appointment

Interaction Log

Task

Visit Plan

And when you use the Activity create - you ONLY have the option to create:

Interaction log - Channel report

Interaction log - Partner report

Task - Approve

Task - Recurring Task

I would expect to see more than this. There are other BUS2000126 Business Activity transaction types which are enable to be maintained online in SPRO. But they do not show up here. I can use the Search - Activity logical link and then use Activity Type to find the other Transaction types. But not in Create. I can control the transaction types that can be displayed for Leads and Opportunities. It doesn't seem to work for Activities!!!!

Is this part of standard CRM 2007 SALESPRO delivered role functionality??? I have SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW and have access to the other Business activities in my security role. My Ophthamologist did confirm that my eyes are doing fine so far. So this has something to do with the way this 'Work Center' has been designed. Apart physiological/anatomical impediments what am I missing???

Thanks,

Ramesh

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if there is a work center that I can use in SALESPRO business role that will give me direct access to Business Activities . I can use the transaction launcher to access the HTML version of the winclient transaction (T Code: (CRMD_BUS2000126) but I do not want to use the transaction launcher. Any ideas?

That is what you asked originally, not why some activity transactions don't show up in those work centers when you do a create, etc. How do you expect anyone to solve your problem if you don't clearly state your issue upfront.

Anyway moving forward, this "issue" has already be discussed a couple times before in this forum and if you only had done a search you would have found your answer. However even without searching, if you would have just looked at the CRM webclient UI wiki page, you would have found this answer:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/CRM/ActivityTransactionDisplayinNew+UI

So please read that entry plus the threads linked and if you still have problems fire away.

Take care

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did try to find the answer. But I guess I did not read entrire content since I was assuming it had something to do with the Busienss Transaction enableing. I was skimming and never arrived at the Category selection part.

Mea Culpa... Thanks for your response. Appreciate it.

Answers (0)