cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to insert attributes for [ID] from specific [ID Origins] in create email in content studio?

former_member676006
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I tried to create an email content that shows an ID of the client. Whenever I insert attributes [ID], it shows all 3 types of origins at the same time.

I tried using the condition assignment, but still cannot manage to insert only client ID, excluding other ID origins. as I have ID origins using phone, email and client ID.

How to insert attributes in email studio only for the client ID from specific [ID Origins] = client ID and not showing emails and phone numbers?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member226
Employee
Employee

Hi,

When you attach a segmentation attribute (in this case it is ID) then it pulls all the information associated to contact and tries to show it in a comma-separated string. This is an expected system behavior.

If you want to show only a certain value (like a phone number or ERP ID) then you need to store this value in a dedicated database field be it standard or custom.

In your case, I would recommend creating a custom field "YY1_ERP_ID" and then based on your business need( be it using BADI or CPI) you can copy the desired contact origin ID value to custom field. Finally, you should extend this field to segmentation and include this to email template.

BR
Saurabh

former_member676006
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Saurabh Kabra,

Got it, will create a custom for it

Regards,

Windy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SCHNEIDERT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Windy,

where/how did you find the Contact-ID as an attribute?

I cannot find it in the attribute list.

BR Tobias

former_member676006
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your response.

The ID and ID Origin can be found under Customer and Lead

And when I test them in an email content:

It shows different values for each of them.

I wanted to add only the client number 114xxx17 to my email content, instead it shows phone number, email and client number.

Thanks

SCHNEIDERT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi windy_darmawan75,

how did you get that into the Content Studio?

I don't have "Customer and Lead" nor can I make it visible.