cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field properties incosistency in the AET and database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am new to CRM 7.0 and I am facing some serious issues with the tool...

I had created a field ZZFLD00001E with length 10 and data type char. but I later realized that it is only 3 chars long and based on a sap provided field KNVV-KVGR3 and so i changed the data element and adjusted the crmd-opport_h table and also added a search help i had defined for the field ZSH_ZZCUSGRP3 to the data element in the CRM system...... the table worked perfectly and got activated but when I went to the UI, the field still shows the orginal data length and no search help.... also if I add the search help it gives an error saying the search help is incompatible.

Any help will be highly appreciated

Thanks,

Arpita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amarnath_kathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arpita,

I don't think we can change data type, length of a field once it is created through AET. Refer [this thread|] for related discussion.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

former_member193352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arpita,

When you changed the length of the custom field you added, you only adjusted the main Opportunity table but there are several others which has that field and need to be adjusted too. You can do a whereused for your custom field and make sure all are reactivated and readjusted again. Once this is done, it will definitely reflect the changes in UI.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Vishal