cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fact sheet and RFC connections

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issue regarding the working of fact sheet. And I suspect authorization issues.

Here is my scenario: I am accesing the BSP application (CRMM_ACCOUNT) in portal. For the fact sheet data will be coming from BW server if I am not wrong. When I click on the fact sheet in accounts application screen just refreshes, it wont show any error.

Here are my questions,

1) From CRM server do we have to maintain any RFC connections for the user to access BW or they will be there automatically.

2) from portal side, do we need to maintain any other thing together with user mapping for Portal, CRM and BW systems

however, i can see the fact sheet in sap gui and in web client.

I read SAP notes regarding this, nothig worked out fine,

Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Murthy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having a similiar problem trying to access the Fact Sheet from the CRMM_ACCOUNT view in the Portal. When I click on the button the screen just refreshes and nothing appears.

We just applied an OSS (Factsheet Note 518651) note to our sandbox environment in hopes that it would fix the issue but it did not. I thought that this was "out of the box" functionality with the portal and that no configuration would have to be done on the back end for this to work.

Any input at this time would be great. Once again it is the CRMM_ACCOUNT iView accessing the Fact Sheet button. Nothing displays. Please help.

Thanks.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we are just talking about connections here is the skinny of it:

CRM-BW/BW-CRM needs an R3 Type connection + some extra config setup... check CRM install documents

Portal-CRM Whatever type of connection the portal needs read up on portal spec/dev docs

Portal-BW Whatever type of connection the portal needs read up on portal spec/dev docs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murthy;

This document may help also:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/developerareas/bi.sdn?contenttype=url&content=/irj/servlet/prt/portal/pr... to integrate bw web applications into ep 5.0

Brant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brant,

I received Your doc, fortunately I got some time this week to spend some time with my friends, so I did late in replying for your message. Thanks again

Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Murthy,

Do you want to access the standard account factsheet delivered by SAP? Normally when you select an account inside the Account BSP in the portal and click on Factsheet button, you are brought to a new portal page that contains SAP-delivered iViews with factsheet data. It is possible for you to add your own factsheet iViews to that page (I can point you to the corresponding doc if you need such addition).

You mention that when you click on Fact Sheet button in the BSP application, no new portal page is brought up. What exact version of CRM portal package you use? At this stage, I don't see problem with BW connection, because the backend BW system is called once the iViews are loaded, but in your case those iViews are not called...

Sincerely,

Arman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arman,

Can you please send me the document mentioned for creating custom fact sheet in accounts application.

s.abdulraheem@gmail.com.

Surya,

Are you able to access object links and button's like create activity,create service orders from portal?

If not ,I suspect role mismatch between crm and portal causes prolem with navigation links .

Thanks and Regards,

Abdul raheem .S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Abdul Raheem,

Here is the doc for the latest version of crm portal package: CRM 4.0 Business Productivity Pack (60.1):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40sr1/helpdata/en/fd/a74520211ebf4b8265a03750d12e3c/frameset.htm

In the left-side navigation panel, click on "Fact Sheet in the Portal".

Sincerely,

Arman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surya;

I emailed a CRM-BW integration doc to you at your hotmail account. It is an older SAP doc, but I haven't been able to find the full doc on http://service.sap.com/bi

Hope it helps.

Brant

vijayakm
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy ,

I have forwarded your query to my colleagues.

Hopefully you will get an answer soon.

regards,

Vijaya Kumar M

(Co-Moderator of the Forum.)