Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Field with "association to Business Object" question

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor

Hi all,

I am trying to achieve the following:

In our Sales-Marketing integration; there is a field on Sales on an account called "parent account". It contains the business partner ID of the parent account of this account.

We want to interface this field to Marketing.

As all business partners are interfaced, Marketing would already have details of both the parent and the "child" account.

So, I want my custom field "parent account" to link to the rest of the account info.

So, I thought the custom field type "association to business object" would fit this scenario.

I created the "parent account" field, with association to business object "Marketing: Contact and Corporate Account".

I visualized the fields on "Spotlighting Accounts". It seemed to be two fields: one for the Origin, and one for the ID.

So far, perfect. I could select SAP_C4C_BUPA as origin, and then in the ID list search for all the existing business partners.

But then...

When one business partner is then selected in this field, it is displayed as "Account Name (BUPA ID)" (still perfect). But, the field now turns blue; so seems clickable. But when clicking, a variety of different links is shown, but none of them actually links through to this bupa account. They just link to the homepages of some functionalities or to sap help.

Here is a screenshot:

Also, when adding this custom field to segmentation: I can add both the origin and the ID field, but is there any way to also then add/link the rest of the related account data fields? (if not, then I suppose building a custom view for that would work).

Does anyone have experience with these associated custom fields or some tips for me?

Thanks,

Joyca

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member558862
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey vervinckt.joyca,

I have exactly the same requirement at the moment. I would also like to use the fields of the associated standard business object.

Did you find any solutation for that in the meantime? Unfortunately, I did not find any solutation for that with my research.

Best regards
Christian

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor

Hi Christian,

No, I didn't find a solution. In the end I just made a regular custom field, and then built a custom HANA view to link it via the IC Facet table with the rest of the data.

Kr

Joyca

former_member558862
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey vervinckt.joyca,

okay, thank you for the feedback. Sounds still like a good solution. Do you maybe have some link to a how-to about setting up such a HANA view? Unfortunately, would be my first one on SAP Marketing Cloud.

Best regards
Christian

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor

Well, building HANA views is a whole different story...

This blog is a good starting place:

https://www.sap.com/cxworks/article/453913143/how_to_model_custom_sap_hana_views_for_sap_marketing_c...

but I had some trouble to activate the Web IDE...

in the end I followed

https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/hana-trial-advanced-analytics.html#b2b892a4-5efa-4498-854d-b8b1... , see also my comment here:

https://blogs.sap.com/2020/08/05/exporting-whitelisted-content-and-importing-it-to-sap-web-ide-cloud...

but I still struggle with the Business Application Studio though... so I hope it will work for you.

former_member558862
Participant
0 Kudos

Alright, thank you very much! I'll try 🙂