Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action trigger relating to IC created/changed via web service

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We currently have an action triggered when an IC (web) is created or changed. One of the conditions driving the trigger of the action is the user id changing the IC.

We are now looking at using web services to create and change an IC. From reading, a system id needs to be used to communicate with the CRM system. My question is in this case how do we ensure that we can capture the creator id and id that change the IC? Will passing the information into the corresponding fields in the web service work? Has anyone done this before? I want to confirm whether the current action we have will continue to work.

Thanks in advance for any information or experience shared.

Cheers!

SF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186543
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siow,

You have to do a few things here :

1.a As per your provided data it seems that you are referring to " driving trigger " as start/schedule condition. So you can write badi codes to compute schedule/start condition.

1.b In case you are referring driving trigger as the code in the action processing ( method call , then you can directly move to step 2 without following 1.a ).

2. You can then pass the username as one of the fields in the webservice, which can be tracked in the schedule/start condition badi. You can store the field read from the webservice either in a memory-id or in a static attribute of a z-class, which you can access in the processing code of your action profile( method_call ).

/Hasan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please elaborate what you mean under "create or change IC"? Probably you`re talking about IR (Interaction Record). Also please clarify what actions you are talking about? Business transactions actions or IC specific actions which reside in Intent Driven Interaction?

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrei,

Sorry, I should have been clearer with my query. I am referring to the interaction record. At the moment, using the web UI, when we create/change an IC and when we change the employee responsible, we have set up action to check whether the user changing the IC is the same as the employee responsible and there is a change in the ER. If so, we will trigger an email notification to the employee. A start condition is set up to check the attributes and trigger the action when the conditions are met. This works fine in the web UI environment.

Now with web service, I am wondering whether it is still possible for the system to know the user who makes the changes/creation and the employee responsible prior to the change and hence the question.

Regards

SF

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So here are two questions:

1. Which web service are you talking about? What is underneath? (FM, direct updates, BOL etc.)

2. How you will call this web-service? Anonymously or with authentication?

In general, there shouldn't be any issues with actions. And with your conditions described. But it may depend on the answers for above questions. Please answer them to be more accurate.

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrei,

We are still in the process of deciding so I guess I have to park this aside until I get more information.

Regards

SF