I am a senior technical consultant currently working for an IT consulting/service/developer company. I am an M. Sc. in Computer Science and System Engineering with 15+ years of experience. Recent assignment with Performance Measurements and Testing project for HR and CRM applications of a public corporation encouraged me to get trained with SAP.
But I don't know from where to start ?
Here is a summary of my skill sets:
- Applications and Test tools development in JAVA and C (mostly Linux based)
- Interface development for load testing of Web Services using SOAP-UI (Linux based)
- Performance test development of web based and SAP applications using HP VuGen (Loadrunner)
- Embedded system development using C, VxWorks
- Expert in UNIX (Linux), MySQL
Recent interaction with SAP:
- Performance test development for an HR and CRM modules (entry through web portal)
I would prefer to stay within technical arena. Please suggest me which module of the SAP should I start with for a formal training.
Thanks for your advice.
As you said, "There are already number of consultants in the area of Basis and ABAP". Did you mean, the market is "crowded" ?
If you really suggest me "BI" is a good choice as a "technical" person, which module of the BI I could start with ?
Thanks in advance.