Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry About Becoming an SAP S/4HANA Developer and Associated Costs

pierpaolo_perlini
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am writing to inquire about the process and requirements for becoming an SAP S/4HANA developer. Specifically, I would like to understand the steps involved in gaining the necessary skills and certifications, as well as the resources and tools available to developers.

Additionally, I am interested in learning about the costs associated with this process. Could you please provide detailed information on the following:

1. Training and Certification: What are the recommended training programs and certifications for an aspiring SAP S/4HANA developer? What are the costs associated with these programs?

2. Development Tools and Software: What tools and software are required for SAP S/4HANA development, and what are their costs? Are there any free or trial versions available for learning purposes?

3. Access to SAP S/4HANA Systems: How can I gain access to SAP S/4HANA systems for practice and development? Are there any subscription fees or licensing costs involved?

4. Support and Community Resources: What kind of support and community resources are available for SAP S/4HANA developers? Are there any forums, user groups, or mentorship programs that I can join?

5. SAP PartnerEdge Program: If applicable, what are the benefits and costs of joining the SAP PartnerEdge program for developers?

Your guidance and assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I am eager to start my journey as an SAP S/4HANA developer and would like to ensure that I have a clear understanding of the requirements and costs involved.

Thank you for your time and support. I look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Andrea Costa

1 REPLY 1

RichDBlumberg
Participant

Hi! SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition (or Private Edition) is the area to focus on. Remember that having a baselilne of training and certificates is important; gaining practical experience by having informational discussions and in time, shadowing implementations and deployments is key. 

Here's what I can share with you...

• Training & Certificates
    - Capabilities & Start Learning > 
    - Mastering
    - Training Paths
  • Basic Free Trial 
  • Community Topic Page
  • PartnerEdge - There are many resources here that are aligned to SAP Partner organizations. So this area would be for IT and business professionals employeed by a partner company. 
  • SAP University Alliances - There are several thousand global universities that teach SAP Cloud ERP classes and curricula. Worth being aware of...
  • Tools - The core platform is SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition.. however there are many complimentary tools such as SAP Business Technology Platform, SAP Business Network, SAP Digital Supply Chain (e.g., SAP Integrated Business Planning), Business Process, Enterprise Architecture, and of course SAP Business AI and the sustainability (environmental products) are worth being aware of.

As for the costs... the links above will have ways to contact the respective groups... you'll have to assess the costs separately based on your interests. What I can say is that there are several million jobs in the SAP ecosystem comprised of SAP, partners, customers, and independent developers/consultants/contactors... 

So if you're truely interested...and passionate about the space today and going forward...
Your time spent and associated costs will be PRICELESS!:-)
You will be on the right path to a very solid ROI based on very strong demand for these talents! 
And many successful professionals have dedicated their careers to this very same journey!