Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get into SAP Career when having 10 year experience in sales?

vipinsatpute
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Please suggest me how to get into SAP career, I have 10 year exp in sales specialized in Channel sales in consumer durable industry in India, Is there any scope for sales professional in SAP? I dont have any experience in SAP, but want to learn and get into SAP career.....how do I begin please suggest

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. SAP has a module called SD - Sales and Distribution, which is related to sales area.

As you have the domain knowledge of sales, so this module will be perfect for yo.

Just go to Goolge.com, Enter SAP SD module, you will find many website to know more about sap SD module.

First read about SAP and SAP modules, then re4ad about SAP SD module.

Then choose it if you are interested for it.

7 REPLIES 7

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. SAP has a module called SD - Sales and Distribution, which is related to sales area.

As you have the domain knowledge of sales, so this module will be perfect for yo.

Just go to Goolge.com, Enter SAP SD module, you will find many website to know more about sap SD module.

First read about SAP and SAP modules, then re4ad about SAP SD module.

Then choose it if you are interested for it.

0 Kudos

thanks a lot.....this help me to get understanding about SAP

ronaldo_aparecido
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI VIPIN

Maybe you will like of SAP SALES Distribution module sd IN SAP.

Please read about in SAP Help in this link:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/92/df293581dc1f79e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

If you have any question about the work ,you can ask in the oficial comunitty SAP SD in this link:

The best are here.

You can search about in youtube too.

If you have any question please tell us.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Thanks Ronaldo

I have gone through the provided links, that has given me understanding about SAP SD module

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

vipin,

Begin with a training in SD.

There are several non-authorized SAP training institutes online. Select an institute with a good trainer.

This is key - good trainer.

You can find this by taking demo from several institutes.

With good training, work hard and have patience.

The above are the keys to break into SAP. It will not be easy but do not lose hope.

TW

0 Kudos

Thanks TW,

can you provide me link for online training institutes with good trainer

0 Kudos

vapin,

Search for online training institutes on the net. Each of these gives a demo. By attending the demo make a selection of the institute.

On Youtube too, there are lots of SD training videos. Check those.

TW

Added: A good trainer will have the following:

1 - give business examples, to explain functionalities

e.g. intercompany sale process: the process from his experience, what are the key benefits to business etc.

IMP: Functional consultant is first about understanding the business process and second about configuration etc. in SAP

2 - patience

he should not be reluctant to answer your questions properly

he should sense how you are understanding the concepts, and take necessary actions

3 - mentor

what should be your next steps - how to prepare SD, how to prepare your resume, how to prepare for interviews etc. etc.

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter - added in blue