Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 years exp in Java/J2EE... Want to switch to career in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All..

I have around 4 years experience handling pure development project in JAVA/J2EE. But I am no more interested in doing coding in Java/J2EE. I want to explore my career in some new areas and everytime I am thinking of SAP.

Can anyone please suggest me, If I am taking the right decision of doing SAP after 4 years of Java/J2EE exp. And how is the oppurtunity in SAP for me... As I will be one type of fresher to SAP.. Will it be possible to get a job in SAP in this situation...How the company will consider me??? As a fresher or experienced person....

And also can anyone suggest me what modules will be suitable for me.

Please suggest me how to grow my career in SAP.

Best Regards

RanjanK

2 REPLIES 2

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ranjan,

your profile suits for SAP EP module, it requires knowledge in jsp's,Xml, html. you can learn web dynpro java and work as a EP developer. EP is not a complete technical module so you can choose to either admin or developer work. it's not much difficult to learn EP and so many EP consultants here were java developers(includes me). you can check the blogs of otto on "moving to sap" and java developer in sap (in sticky threads) and search here for "moving to EP".

regards

Mahesh

0 Kudos

Hello,

maybe some stuff for beginners could help you, read here:

I also wrote a blog called: From Java developer to SAP Java developer

/people/otto.gold/blog/2010/05/24/xy-from-java-developer-to-sap-java-developer

Would be great if you could comment below the blog to let me (and maybe other readers) if you like it or not, if it helped you or not and maybe if there are any open points you want to get answered.

Cheers Otto