Article originally authored by Julia Hornik and Ido Mosseri, SAP Labs Israel.
We did it!
Ten months ago, I met a vegan colleague here in Israel. We both had the feeling that there are a lot of vegans and vegetarian employees at SAP Labs Israel.
We each felt that there were hardly any options for vegetarians and vegans in the canteens at the Lab. When either of us would request these options we did not get a response, or we would get excuses.
So, the first thing we did was to create an SAP JAM group for vegans and vegetarians at the Israel Lab: Veg Council Israel.
It was amazing, we expected to have 10-15 employees in that group (we have around 700 employees at the Lab in Israel) but the number of members kept growing and growing. We now have over 50 members!
We have been in contact with the management here that now fully supports and recognizes our Veg Council group.
In just ten months, we have made many great achievements:
• After several meetings with the Building Department colleagues at the lab, we now have many more options for vegetarian and vegans in the canteens.
• There is vegan and vegetarian food available at all SAP events.
• We have sponsored several successful lectures and workshops about vegan and vegetarian food, health, and cooking.
• Thanks to our discussions with the Facility Department, there is now soy milk available at all coffee corners in the SAP Labs Israel building!
• We have a biweekly “Veg Lunch” group that gets together on Sundays at the SAP Israel Lab.
• We are in touch with other veg colleagues in Berlin, Walldorf, and Palo Alto and have helped to create similar groups in the different locations.
• For our fellow SAP employees: Together with the Walldorf colleagues, we have formed a global group for “veg” colleagues at SAP, and you are welcome to join! Please join our growing global JAM group: VEG@SAP
Are you looking for an innovative career with one of the world's largest tech companies? Check out all of our open SAP positions now: http://bit.ly/1yI5C5S
Want to find a job you can really be passionate about?