Beginner Corner Blog Posts
Share your stories, ideas, and insights here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Note: The self-study portion of the digital skills initiative is coming to an end.

• Application texts can be submitted here until November 4, 2024.
  • Your learning must be completed by December 1, 2024, and a screenshot of completion together with your SAP Community username must be submitted to digitalskills@sap.com by this day at the latest.
  • We will process your request and send you your redemption code by December 20, 2024 at the latest.
  • You must redeem your code in the training shop by December 31, 2024, but can schedule your exam for any date in the following 12 months  (December 31, 2025 at the latest.)

Hello there and thank you for your interest in the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning!

The digital skills initiative is intended to help those who are generally considered to be underrepresented in the technology industry get a kick start in their careers within the SAP Ecosystem.

The definition of people considered to be underrepresented in the technology industry varies by geographic location. However, we can provide the following guideline to help you understand the sort of people we are looking to support with this initiative:

• Military veterans and their spouses, family and caregivers
    • Women
    • Single parents
    • People who are physically disabled or neurodivergent
    • People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 
    • Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location 
    • First generation college students
    • People looking to switch their careers mid-life

If you identify as a person in one or several of these categories, the digital skills initiative might be for you. The final prerequisite is a willingness to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification.

Here are the next steps on how to proceed:

Step 1 – Create an SAP Account

You will need an SAP account to track your studies and take a certification exam. Watch the demo in this blog for help on how to do that. Please use the same email address that you intend on registering with the digital skills initiative.

Also be sure to join the beginner corner as demonstrated in the demo – this is how you can reach out and ask questions.

Step 2 - Let us know you are interested

Either leave a comment below or start a discussion in the beginner corner stating a clear interest in participating in the digital skills initiative. Feel free to include a bit about yourself like academic / professional background and why you feel you are a good fit to the program. We will send you a registration link to the initiative via direct message. Please ensure private messaging is enabled on your profile.

Another key reason for this step is if you need help with part of a learning journey that you selected (in step 4 below), you can come back here (the beginner corner) to ask for help.

Step 3 – Make sure you have context

We have a long blog available attempting to explain the whole "learning SAP" process from beginning to certification. Take from it what you need to ensure getting certified in SAP is worth the effort to you.

Step 4 - Begin studying

Pick a learning journey that best fits your interests which also leads to a certification. Any learning journey and any exam is covered by this program. Study it to completion, then send a screenshot of the completion & your SAP Community username to digitalskills@sap.com  before 1 December 2024.

Step 5 – Receiving your certification attempt

After your learning journey completion is sent to digitalskills@sap.com, please give us some time to process your request. You will receive a redemption code for your SAP certification attempt as soon as we can get one to you.

Please redeem the code ASAP when you receive it. You can schedule the actual exam up to six month after redemption.

Step 6 - Schedule your exam

Check out our blog on how to schedule your SAP Certification exam.

Step 7 - Explore Career Options

Check out the career corner

We wish you the best of luck in your learning journey! Leave a comment below if you have any questions.

Regards,

David

1,580 Comments
nguyen_thuylinh
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano and SAP team,
It's nice to e-meet you.
I am a female accountant who have been using SAP ERP in Vietnam for a while. After joining the SAP implementation project as an accountants in my last company, I found out a new career path. That's why I have decided to switch my career to become a SAP FICO consultant. I got to know about the digital skills initiative from my colleague and feel I am a good fit for the program. I believe the SAP certificate will help to open more job opportunities on my new journey.
I hope you will consider my application for the free certification in Outlining the Financial Accounting Overview in SAP S/4HANA.
Your support would be invaluable as I embark on this journey in SAP.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Warm regards,
Thuy Linh.

nguyen_thuylinh_0-1717396103854.png

Ahmed-Hassanin
Newcomer

@David_Chaviano 

i am finished the Exploring SAP Analytics Cloud and this my information 

course :Analytics Cloud - Record of Achievement

Name : Ahmed Hassanin 

City : Egypt

and screenshot of my data is also attached

2.png

jhalaby
Newcomer

Hi @David 

My name is Jack and I'm interested in switching my career mid-life.

I've been in the supply chain industry for the majority of my career with no exposure to SAP in the past.  I want to change my focus to become an expert in SAP and work in a related industry where hopefully my previous skills are beneficial.

Keen to get more information on how to pursue this initiative.

Regards,
Jack

Mompoloki
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I would really appreciate getting a free SAP certification because it would provide a valuable opportunity to enhance my professional skills without the financial burden. SAP is a leading provider of enterprise software solutions, and obtaining certification can significantly boost my career prospects by validating my expertise in using SAP systems. This credential can open doors for me to acquiring a new job. Additionally, it would demonstrate my commitment to continuous learning and staying current with industry standards.

Warm regards

Mompoloki Kgosiemang

KBPM
Newcomer

Hi David

I am  a 31 year old mother from a small underserved town in South Africa and I am looking to change my career,however,there aren't many job opportunities in my small town.

I am unemployed and unable to purchase exam attempts so this initiative would assist me a lot.

Thank you.

Quan_Hoang
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I'm Quan from Vietnam. I identify as a person in the following categories:

• People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 

Starting with an accounting background and a few years of experience working with SAP, I want to study for a SAP Certification to process further in my SAP career.

Thanks for your consideration.

Quan.

stuart0891
Discoverer

Hi all,

I am an SAP student and my interest in SAP started last year when I started my learning journey with SAP. My background is in finance and accounting where I have over 15 years experience working in finance roles. I have sought to expand my knowledge about SAP products and roles for an SAP consultant in the field, and I feel that the digital skills programme would allow me to do this. I am looking to upskill as part of my SAP journey to change my career from finance into tech and to secure a role in the tech industry as an end goal. I only heard about the digital skills programme a couple of weeks ago and I want to send my appreciation to David for putting this together and for making it easier for individuals that wish to pursue a career in SAP. Thanks!

Regards

Stuart

Huy148
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano ,

My name is Huy. I'm work as new abap developer. And I want to expand my knowledge in SAP BTP.

Thank you for considering my application!

Regards,

stuart0891
Discoverer

Hi David and everyone,

I just wanted to say that my learning journey with SAP has been challenging. I initially joined a bootcamp last year to study SAP implementation (public cloud) with activate and I quickly discovered that there are many technical aspects and concepts regarding SAP that take time to fully absorb, understand and become accustomed with. I am happy that I have stuck with it and I look forward to passing my certification attempt and applying for consultant roles with SAP. Thanks all

Stuart

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @stuart0891 - Thanks! It would have been cool to share as a separate discussion though 😄

mohamedmamdouh0
Newcomer

Dear David,

My name is Mohamed Mamdouh and I come from Egypt. I'm working as SAP ABAP Consultant for 5 months.

I'm eager to take a free certification attempt because I believe it will help me learn more and become better at what I do and provide me an advantage to grow in the market.

SaiNiteesh
Newcomer

Dear David,

My name is Sai . I'm working as SAP ABAP Consultant for 5 months.

I'm eager to take a free certification attempt because I believe it will help me learn more and become better at what I do and provide me an advantage to grow in the market.

NguyenHang_2012
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano and SAP Team,

My name is Hang from Vietnam. I had worked as a SAP consultant in PP module for over 10 years and now I'm working as a new ABAP developer.

I would really appreciate getting a free SAP certification because it provide me an advantage in my job.

Please kindly consider my application.

Have a nice week.

Thank you very much!

TrinhNg
Discoverer

I would like to get a one-time SAP certification Exam (CER001). Thank you so much for your support.

Best Regards, 

Trinh Nguyen. 

Mewfoei
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano,

I'm from South East Asia.

I've registered the program , completed the SAP Learning Journey Applying the RISE with SAP Methodology  with fascinator.fascinate@gmail.com and sent the capture screen to digitalskills@sap.com . Now I already for the next steps!

Im_Wendy
Discoverer

Dear @David_Chaviano

I am so excited about the SAP Learning digital skills initiative and have always found the ERP interesting. As a recent college graduate facing challenges in securing employment amidst the global economic downturn, this opportunity would be an amazing way to start me on a new career as an SAP consultant.
Thank you so much for this opportunity!

YenPham
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello

I am the SAP consultant for 6 years. I am willing to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification. I have completed my first learning journey and I awaiting my certification attempt

Thank you

Hayden

nguyen_phuong
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear @David_Chaviano  ,

I'm a recent Finance graduate from a small seaside town in Vietnam. As the first in my family to attend university, I'm proud of my academic achievements and eager to continue learning and growing professionally.

I've always been fascinated by the power of technology to transform businesses, and my interest in SAP grew as I began my career path in an SAP ERP Project. I believe that becoming an SAP consultant would allow me to combine my financial knowledge with my passion for technology, ultimately helping businesses streamline their operations and achieve their goals.

Earning an SAP certification is a crucial step in my career path, and I'm incredibly grateful for this initiative and the opportunity to potentially achieve this goal. I'm confident that the skills and knowledge I'll gain from this program will be invaluable as I embark on my journey as an SAP consultant.

I'm excited to learn from experienced mentors, connect with fellow learners, and contribute to this vibrant community.

Shreya_Agrawal
Newcomer

Hi David,

Thanks for this wonderful opportunity.
I have completed the certification course "Upgrading your SAP BW skills to SAP BW/4HANA" and I have sent an email to you. I am applicable in the "People looking to switch their careers mid-life'' category.
Thanks,
Shreya Agrawal

kushagarwal98
Discoverer

Hello David,

I am grateful for this amazing opportunity.

Following my completion of the "Upgrading your SAP BW skills to SAP BW/4HANA" certification course, I have emailed you. In the category of "People looking to switch their careers mid-life," I fit in.

Thank you,

Kush Aggarwal

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

@Im_Wendy @YenPham @nguyen_phuong - I cannot seem to be able to send you private messages. Can you recheck your settings?

DC4
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

Firstly, kudos to SAP for providing such a great opportunity to learn and get certified free of cost. I identify as a woman and have always found ERP fascinating. Currently, I'm on a career break, however I have been part of multiple implementations and system conversions for SAP HCM and SAP Finance programs. The digital skills initiative is a fantastic opportunity that will definitely help me up skill and open up many more opportunities in the future. Currently, I'm pursing SAP Activate methodology which I would like to get certified for.

I look forward to hearing from you. Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello @David_Chaviano,

I am an Icelandic woman who graduated with a Master's degree in HR four years ago. I want to change my career in mid-life, but I lack digital skills and this affects my chances of changing my career to HR. I would like to be included in this initiative as it would strengthen my CV for further job searches.

Thank you for this offer.

Kevon
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano ,

My name is Kevon and I am a military veteran. I am interested in participating in the digital skills initiative to earn a SAP Project Manager certification. Thanks.

EmmaTran
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I'm a business consultant from Vietnam. 

I identify as a person in category of women

I want to upskill myself in SAP technology and to study SAP rigorously and get a job opportunity soon.

Regards,

Emma Tran

nhandinh1213
Discoverer

Hi David,

I am Nhan from VietNam, now I'm a junior university student majoring in E-commerce. However, I have a passion for ERP and want to improve my skill in this field. When hearing about SAP Digital Initiatives Programme, I believe this is an ideal opportunity for me to enhance myself. 

I will really appreciate if you give a chance to gain the free certificate attempt because I am under a tight buget now. 

Thanks for your consideration. I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon. 

Sincerely, 

Nhan Dinh

AnnaT
Explorer

Hi David,

My name is Anna T. I've just joined the SAP group and I'm very excited to get started on my learning initiative journey as well as participate in the digital skills program.

I have a question regarding signing in and joining the beginner corner. I keep getting multiple error messages when trying to join as a new member of the group https://community.sap.com/t5/beginner-corner-blog-posts/bg-p/students-cornerblog-board 

https://community.sap.com/t5/beginner-corner/gh-p/students-corner

I am getting this error message: "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action. Click your browser's Back button to continue. Return to my original page"

YenPham
Discoverer

@David_Chaviano I have checked my setting and try to follow you to start the private message. However I cannot see the way to follow you. Is there any recommend where I should check the setting?

AllenLe
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano,

I have genuine interest in the field of enterprise software and my eagerness to continuously expand my knowledge. I am willing to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification. I also believe that obtaining the SAP certification will help me more in my career after graduation. Thank you. 

Sincerely, 
Anh Le.

NastasjaJackson
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano,

My name is Nastasja Jackson from Louisiana. I am a single woman/mom of color trying to transition into the world of SAP.

I have a background in project management, education technology, recruitment and finance. I am beyond excited to learn about this program and would be delighted to receive the opportunity to continue learning about SAP, project management in this space, consulting, and implementation.

I believe I am a great fit for this program because I deserve a chance to advance my career with one of the world's most innovative technologies that help change people's lives and make the world better through advanced systems.

I am eager to continue developing the skills I need to achieve my short and long term goals of becoming either an SAP Project Manager, SAP Technical Consultant, or Digital Solution Advisor.

Thank you for considering my request.

cuongus
Newcomer

Helo @David_Chaviano and SAP Team,

I am an ABAP developer. I am studying SAP Cloud to upskill myself in SAP technology, and I am studying rigorously to get a job opportunity soon.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Warm regards,

Cuong Us.

cuongus_0-1718176069226.png

linhlac
Discoverer

Hi David,

I am a woman from Viet Nam. I would really appreciate getting a free SAP certification because it would provide a valuable opportunity to enhance my professional skills without the financial burden. SAP is a leading provider of enterprise software solutions, and obtaining certification can significantly boost my career prospects by validating my expertise in using SAP systems. This credential can open doors for me to acquiring a new job. Additionally, it would demonstrate my commitment to continuous learning and staying current with industry standards.

Thanks for your consideration. I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon. 

Sincerely, 

Linh Tran.

Ashwani_MBA
Explorer

Hello @David_Chaviano 
I am Ashwani. I have completed my MBA and working in Supply chain domain from past 6 months. 

I identified as a person for this certification because I am a first generation college graduate in my family, and belong to a below poverty line farmer family in rural India. People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts.

I really love working with SAP because it helps businesses improve their processes. It's amazing to see how technology can make such a big difference. I want to keep learning and growing in this field to have a great career.

I'm eager to take a free certification attempt because I believe it will help me learn more and become even better at what I do. I know that the world of technology is always changing, and I want to stay up-to-date with the latest advancements. I am grateful for this opportunity and excited about the possibilities ahead. Thank you for considering my application for the free certification attempt.
Thanks & regards,
Ashwani Kumar Tiwari

Sonnnle
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

My name is Son, and I am writing this letter with a simple purpose: I would like to participate in the SAP course organized by your esteemed company.

My family comes from an Asian country, and while there are no restrictions on accessing technology, there are still economic challenges. Both of my parents work in low-income jobs, and to support myself through education and living expenses, I have had to study and work simultaneously.

SAP is a new field to me, but I have recognized its importance in the modern economy. I believe that participating in this course will open up new opportunities and help me develop my career in the future.

I hope that your company can consider and support my participation in this SAP course. I am committed to studying and working diligently to apply the knowledge effectively in practical work.

Thank you very much for your consideration and support.

Sincerely,

Son

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @Ashwani_MBA @linhlac @AllenLe @YenPham @AnnaT @nhandinh1213 @EmmaTran @Former Member 

Please be sure private messaging is turned on so you can receive an invite:

David_Chaviano_0-1718187670282.png

Ashwani_MBA
Explorer
0 Kudos

@David_Chaviano 
I am not getting the option of private messenger. PFAnew.png

HeatherO
Newcomer

@David_Chaviano 

I would like to be considered for the initiative.  I identify under the categories of 

• Women
  • Single parents
  • People who are neurodivergent

Thank you!  

ONSONGO
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I am a female HR practitioner, from Nairobi Kenya. I have been exposed to a few end- to end SAP HCM implementation. I am now at the point where I want to expand my horizons and venture into SAP SF. This certification will be greatly beneficial not just for myself but also other young girls I am mentoring.

Thank you for your consideration.

Maureen

NTQT
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano,

Being a FICO consultant for about 9 years with many types of project: rollout, new implementation and support both versions R/3 and S/4 HANA. I am eager to seize this opportunity to get free attempt to get SAP certificate which will help me to stay up to date with the latest technologies of SAP S/4 HANA. 

Thank you for considering my application for the free certification attempt.

acradibotC
Newcomer

Good day, @David_Chaviano

I'm a Vietnamese developer for SAP ABAP that was born and raised in a mountainous region. I am extremely excited about technology and its ability to close the opportunity gap for people living in underserved areas like mine, as I am a first-generation college graduate in my family. My ambition to further refine my abilities and knowledge within the SAP ecosystem has been fueled by my experience with ABAP development.

Growing up in a rural place has come with its own special set of difficulties, such as having less access to job and educational options. Notwithstanding these challenges, I'm dedicated to lifelong learning and development. I really feel that earning a certification will enable me to have a significant impact on my community and legitimize my skills.

I'm excited to continue learning and growing within the SAP community. I'm grateful for this initiative and the chance to prove that talent knows no boundaries. Thank you for considering my application for a free certification attempt.

Dear David,

My name is Ravi. I am working as Sourcing and Procurement consultant

Regards,

Ravi.

SaiNiteeshGadhi
Newcomer

Hi David,

I had been a SAP Consultant for more than 2 years

Regards,

Niteesh.

PyaeSone
Discoverer

Dear @David_Chaviano ,

My name is Pyae Sone, and I am from Myanmar. My professional background is in business development for last-mile delivery. Due to the country's current political situation and economic outlook, I need to relocate overseas and find a job. I am particularly interested in Supply Chain Management and Manufacturing, but most job openings require SAP knowledge. Acquiring this expertise would greatly enhance my ability as I will be switching my career to Manufacturing and Supply Chain. I am confident that I can excel in my future endeavours with this opportunity.

Thank you for considering my application.

Sincerely,
Pyae Sone

EmmaTran
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I've already turned on private message.

Br,

Emma.tran

VenkataPraveena
Discoverer

Hi David,

I have been working on SAP for the past one year in Ariba Suite.

I want show case my skills brighter with a certificate and as a addition.requesting to consider and provide the free certification attempt as i have completed my learning journey prior.

Thanks&Regards,

VenkataPraveena.

nguyen_phuong
Discoverer

Dear @David_Chaviano ,

My private message is available now, and I also sent you a message.

Please kindly check and proceed my application.

Thank you for your notice.

Best regards,

nguyen_phuong

I am an SAP Business One Trainee Consultant from Sialkot, Pakistan. As a CA student and a commerce graduate, I am keen to expand my skills and knowledge in the SAP ecosystem. I am particularly interested in learning SAP Analytics Cloud and believe that the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning is a fantastic opportunity for individuals like myself. I am eager to take on the challenge and undergo the necessary training to achieve SAP Certification.

Thank you for considering my interest in this initiative.

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Invites sent out as of 13 June 2024. It seems the private message issue is resolved.

quanghung_pham
Newcomer

Dear @David_Chaviano

I am excited to express my interest in participating in the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning. As someone who is looking to switch careers mid-life, I believe this initiative is a perfect fit for me.

I am 40 years old and currently transitioning from my previous career to become an SAP Consultant. I am eager to pivot into the technology sector, specifically within the SAP Ecosystem, and this initiative offers the ideal opportunity to acquire the necessary skills and certification.

I am committed to learning and dedicated to undergoing the rigors of studying for SAP Certification. I look forward to the chance to join the digital skills initiative and take the first steps towards a rewarding career in SAP.

Thank you for considering my application.

Quang Hung

John24
Newcomer

I am a veteran returning to to the workplace midlife after being sidelined by a major life event.

I do have SAP Basis experience but have been away from the work force and need to upscale my skills in order to be more qualified for hiring decisions.

I would appreciate being considered for the program as I have been out of the workforce and paid training is an issue at this time.

Thank you for your consideration.