Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML support in SAP 4.6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all !

I'm looking for information about XML support in SAP 4.6c.

I have to implement a data exchange mechanism between SAP and web application written in Java. Whole idea looks simple: Java application send an XML document through RFC and ABAP program should parse this document. When document is parsed, program performs an action and receives single or multiple objects. Those objects have to be converted to XML and sent back to Java app.

Is there any XML parser available in 4.6C. Is there any mechanism which serialize/deserialize ABAP Objects to/from XML.

Thank you for any help and hints.

Tomek

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Interface

IF_HTTP_SERVER

IF_HTTP_REQUEST

IF_HTTP_*

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer following links

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=4116926&messageID=3768194

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/05/15/abap-46c-to-640-delta-training

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer to this thread

<b>

Regards

Ravish Garg

*remember reward points is the best way to say thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

once see the report BCCIIXMLT3. you will get some details about how to parse the xml file to internal table.I am not understanding the 2nd step.that is Those objects have to be converted to XML and sent back to Java app.

tell me a little bit clear.so that i can give suggetion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again !

I need to convert an OBJECT INSTANCE. e.g.

CLASS student DEFINITION.

PUBLIC SECTION.

METHODS:constructor

IMPORTING

i_name TYPE c

i_indeks TYPE n,

introduce_yourself

EXPORTING

e_name TYPE c.

PRIVATE SECTION.

DATA: name(30) TYPE c,

indeks(10) TYPE n.

ocena LIKE ys_ocena,

tabela_ocen TYPE TABLE OF ys_ocena.

ENDCLASS.

I have to convert a single INSTANCE of this class to XML and send it as a XML stream (or XML formated content in internal table) in return value of function module called through RFC.

As you can see - this class contains some variables and an internal table. For me, a best solution would be to provide this class instance as a parameter and get a XML formated data.

I have a SAP system and Web Application written in Java. Comunications between them is provided by RFC (JCo). SAP application and Web Application communicate by exchanging a XML documents. Since, SAP part is using Abap Objects - i have to convert object to/from XML.

Thanks for all your help.

Tomek