Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

would like to Update customer relation ship (KNVP )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Customer data (sold to / ship to / customer group) is there in KNA1 table but relation ship is missing.

I would like to import customer relation ship (like ZG/WE for PARVW) in KNVP table, please suggest the API . I tried CUSTOMER_UPDATE but got error.

Edited by: Rahul Misra on Jun 24, 2009 1:58 PM

6 REPLIES 6

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have CRM you may try BAPI_CUSTOMERCRM_CHANGE

CUSTOMER_UPDATE is an update task FM, it perform the database update but no control is performed, nothing more than direct update of table, do not use update task FM in your reports.

Regards

Raymond

0 Kudos

I have PLM (R/3 ECC5) and trying to import data from legacy system. I had used CUSTOMER_INSERT to import customer master data using import parameter I_KNA1.

Edited by: Rahul Misra on Jun 25, 2009 6:56 AM

0 Kudos

The FM CUSTOMER_INSERT is an update task function module, this FM is called by standard report along with other such modules after every check has been performed, it does nothing more than direct database update and MUST not be used in custiomer reports.

Look at thread , for [Alain Bacchi|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/profile.jspa?userID=3564066] answer.

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

customer_insert API had solved my problem, as i have to just load the data. Data provided was validated.

0 Kudos

Hi rahul,

We are facing problem to insert partner fiunction using customer_insert function module while extending the customer to other sales organization.

we have give nKZ field as 'I'.

we are validating all the fields aldo.

Please suggest me how to solve this problem.

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

HI Rahul,

I watched the thread posted by you. Can you tell me how you updated the tables by using fm customer_insert. I am trying to use this fm for to create customer. If possible give me sample code . Give me an idea on this.

Regards,

Madhu.