Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflows : Regarding Attachments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a typical scenario.

We have a single level approval process where the employee enters the FEEDBACK in a standard Word template and attaches it for approval. Now, the Supervisor checks the attached word file and approves or changes the contents of the attachment and Approves or rejects. Now, we have a requirement of storing this changed attachment in SAP .And follows the BUSINESS PROCESS in SAP.

I was able to create the first 2 steps. Now my doubt is, how come I get this attachment into SAP outside Workflows. I just want to know where this attachment gets stored when the work item goes from employee and Supervisor. If I change the Attachment, where does the changed attachment gets stored. I just want to know about this attachment clearly.

Can anyone help me out in knowing more about this attachments.

Regards,

<b><i>Raja Sekhar</i></b>

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajshekar,

You have got a concept called Document Template in workflows.We would be able to give the path and store it there.I hope this would help you.

Cheers,

Sarswathi.

0 Kudos

Hi Saraswathi,

Well, I understood this Document Template in workflows.

But we had a requirement to bring these Document Templates into SAP.

Like we will have to create a program which will list all these WORD DOCS as per certain criteria. Is that possible?

Please let us know if this requirement is feasible.

Regards,

<b><i>Raja Sekhar</i></b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

You may need to look into DMS( Document management system) or BDS(Business Document Service) for storing the document.

For worklfow related queries please post your topics to Business Process Management (BPM) under SAP NetWeaver General.

Regards,

Vin

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raja Sekhar,

Please explain how you are making the user to attach the document. How are you providing the template to the user? Are you using WF_DOC object?

Thanks,

Ramki Maley.