Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow event RELEASESTEPCREATED is not triggering for PO on Hold

0 Kudos

Hi,

Need a help resolving below  issue.

While creating Purchase order,some reason user keeps  the PO on Hold for sometime. Later he is saving it . After saving, release strategy is determined and showing up on header. But the event BUS2012-RELEASESTEPCREATED is not triggering , hence no workflow for release. 

The relase strategy maintained in spro  for PO is fine.  Even ,when I create PO  directly  without putting on Hold, the Event is triggering successfully and so the workflow. So no problemn in that.

The issue is occuring only when I put the PO on hold and save it after sometime or next day. Please help me how to fix this.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Harsh_Bansal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The simplest and least time consuming approach would be to manually trigger the event from some Exit/BADI in case PO is saved after putting on hold.

Regards,

Harsh Bansal

7 REPLIES 7

Harsh_Bansal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The simplest and least time consuming approach would be to manually trigger the event from some Exit/BADI in case PO is saved after putting on hold.

Regards,

Harsh Bansal

0 Kudos

Thanks Harsh fo your reply.

I want to findout root cause why event is not  triggered, actually which supposed to be triggered.

Apart from relaese trategy config, is there any other setting I need to check. I am seeking help in this regard.

0 Kudos

in case of hold po ..check SWEL??

are you able to get receiver in case of hold PO...please paste your swel screen shot

0 Kudos

The Event itself is not appearing  in SWEL, thats the problem.

0 Kudos

Pls check if there are any class/characteristics values maintained for the release strategy (class type - 032)

tcode : CL02 and CT04.

SPRO path: Material management - Purchasing - Purchase Order - Release procedure for PO - Edit class and Edit characteristics.

Regards,

Munesh.

0 Kudos

PO on hold - Try to do some changes in PO like adding some header text or increasing the Quantity & Save. Check whether the event is getting triggered or not.

Pratik2228
Participant
0 Kudos

Kindly provide solution used to solve this problem