Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will values move if maintained in table maintainence sm30

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have one doubt , i have created a table maintainence sm30, and maintained some values, now if i moved it in to production, will values also move or i have to maintain values in productiona also,

cheers,

vijay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It depends on what your delivery class is for the table. If the table was created with delivery class as "C"(this is on the attributes tab), then yes, the values will be moved via a transport request. Also, another way to tell is if you maintain via SM30, and it asks you for a transport request.

REgards,

RIch Heilman

4 REPLIES 4

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It depends on what your delivery class is for the table. If the table was created with delivery class as "C"(this is on the attributes tab), then yes, the values will be moved via a transport request. Also, another way to tell is if you maintain via SM30, and it asks you for a transport request.

REgards,

RIch Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

Actually i have created table and in attributes is 'A' , and i have maintained in sm30 some values, but when i moved it in to testing , icouldnt see values in it even if maintianed through sm30 in dev, so i have given values in testing also. so is that mean if i move to production then i have to maintain values through sm30 in production also.

0 Kudos

It depends ,but most of the time we maintain data separately i mean system wise.

You can maintain values in production by using SM30 Transaction.

If your client needs transfer data from one system to other system,then you need to create transport request.

Search in forum like " How to transport database records''

Thanks

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer this site