Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am getting this ME083 error in BATCH JOB, where as ONLINE not getting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Am creating Purchse Requisation by using BAPI ---> BAPI_PR_CREATE.

If I run ONLINE, Purchse Requisations are creating in EBAN table, with out any erorr messages, fine.

If the same prog. is scheduled as BATCH JOB in production, the Purchse Requisations are creating, fine, but, there is a ERROR MESSAGE in JOB LOG, saying that " ENTER PLANT " of M essage ID& # is "ME 083 "

So, let me know that,

1 - Why am not getting this error message, If I run it ONLINE?

2 - Even though there r error message in JOB LOG (as I mentione din the above), Why the Purc. requisations are creating?

3 - How to track that, from Where this error is coming in BATCH JOB, How to debug the BATCH JOB, after its scheduling?

4 - How to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not uncommon for informational/warning messages to appear when a BAPI is run in batch.

Such messages do not prevent the completion of a job, but may provide information about the status of processing.

When you run the job online the message may just flash briefly on the bottom of the screen, and you might not even notice it.

I get similar messages when I run other BAPIs, where the message is logged but the process continues to run.

-

To address the question of the message itself, if you look at the code underlying the BAPI, for example, include L2105I01, which contains the methods, you can see the place where the message is issued.

The message is issued if field PR_TYPE in the header structure is initial.

This is fairly easy to find just by examining the source behind the BAPI and the methods that it uses.

You can navigate to include L2105I01 just by clicking on Method process in BAPI_PR_CREATE, just as you can with any other navigable object in ABAP.

You should see this in BAPI_PR_CREATE around line 108.

CALL METHOD l_ref_bapi->process( ).

Double click on process.

Method renumbering is then called by Method process if the actyp = hin (a constant meaning add/create which is set in BAPI_PR_CREATE), and if ITEM_INTVL (Item number interval) is not initial.

Double click on Method renumbering.

Method renumbering then checks if field PR_TYPE is initial, and if it is, then the message 083 that you are getting will be issued. You will also see that the message is issued as a warning only, which is why the document is still created.

You can drill down through the code by double clicking, as usual with navigation.

I found this initially by clicking method set_header, which brought up the include with the method code. I then searched for 083, which is the message id. I then backtracked to find out what the path to Method renumbering was.

Always do a little digging in the source, the message has to come from somewhere. If the first search does not get a hit, try the next one until you exhaust the possibilities. I chose set_header, since it appeared to be specific to the function of the BAPI, and something like that will usually be the best place to start. In this case, it took me right to it.

Brian

8 REPLIES 8

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

3 - How to track that, from Where this error is coming in BATCH JOB, How to debug the BATCH JOB, after its scheduling?

Goto sm37 transaction.

Chose your job and TYPE the command JDBG in the command box.

Debuggings starts.

Regards,

ravi

0 Kudos

thanq

but, initially, its taking me to admin code of BATCH JOBS, later it may go to my prog.

but, is there any way, to go to my prog. directly, I mean, wanna avoide all un-necessory code debugging.

thanq

0 Kudos

In your debugging screen, chose from menu Breakpoitns->Breakpoint at ->statement.

Type SUBMIT and press enter.

Press continue and see if it stops at your program.

Regards,

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto sm37 transaction.

select your job and type JDBG in the command bar.

choose enter then it will automatically go to the debugging mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not uncommon for informational/warning messages to appear when a BAPI is run in batch.

Such messages do not prevent the completion of a job, but may provide information about the status of processing.

When you run the job online the message may just flash briefly on the bottom of the screen, and you might not even notice it.

I get similar messages when I run other BAPIs, where the message is logged but the process continues to run.

-

To address the question of the message itself, if you look at the code underlying the BAPI, for example, include L2105I01, which contains the methods, you can see the place where the message is issued.

The message is issued if field PR_TYPE in the header structure is initial.

This is fairly easy to find just by examining the source behind the BAPI and the methods that it uses.

You can navigate to include L2105I01 just by clicking on Method process in BAPI_PR_CREATE, just as you can with any other navigable object in ABAP.

You should see this in BAPI_PR_CREATE around line 108.

CALL METHOD l_ref_bapi->process( ).

Double click on process.

Method renumbering is then called by Method process if the actyp = hin (a constant meaning add/create which is set in BAPI_PR_CREATE), and if ITEM_INTVL (Item number interval) is not initial.

Double click on Method renumbering.

Method renumbering then checks if field PR_TYPE is initial, and if it is, then the message 083 that you are getting will be issued. You will also see that the message is issued as a warning only, which is why the document is still created.

You can drill down through the code by double clicking, as usual with navigation.

I found this initially by clicking method set_header, which brought up the include with the method code. I then searched for 083, which is the message id. I then backtracked to find out what the path to Method renumbering was.

Always do a little digging in the source, the message has to come from somewhere. If the first search does not get a hit, try the next one until you exhaust the possibilities. I chose set_header, since it appeared to be specific to the function of the BAPI, and something like that will usually be the best place to start. In this case, it took me right to it.

Brian

0 Kudos

ThanQ for your detialed mail.

But, these are not WARNING meesages!! am getting ERROR messages.

Follwing statements are causing this!!

Main Pro. - SAPLMEXF

Include: LMEXFF01

Code:

PERFORM get_ftext(rddfie00) USING noi_tab noi_field sy-langu

CHANGING dfies rc.

IF rc EQ 0.

MESSAGE e083 WITH dfies-scrtext_m.

ELSE.

MESSAGE e083 WITH noi_tab noi_field.

ENDIF.

Here am getting IF rc EQ 0., so message is raising.

I found that: EKPO-WERKS is NOT getting populating, so, this situatuion is happening!!!

I dont understood that, am doing Purc requisatons, but, Why its showing me that, EKPO-WERKS is NOT populated????

Any clues would be appreciated.

thanq

0 Kudos

The BAPI you are using is described as an "Enjoy" process in the BAPI description.,

"Enjoy" processes do not always work the same in batch as they do online because they may rely on Active X controls for some functionality. I am not sure if this would also happen with an "Enjoy" BAPI as it does with "enjoy" transaction.

(If you search the forum for "Enjoy" you can see what I am talking about. There are numerous threads on this topic.)

However, if it does, there may be a condition that occurs that is being mitigated by an Active X, or there may be some other differences in processing.

If you run the Online process in debug, put a watch on the field in question. Does it get loaded in the Online process and not in batch? If so, you should be able to see where it gets loaded Online.

Then compare to what happens in batch.

Brian

0 Kudos

Hi,

Were you able to find a solution for this? I have the similar error now.

Thanks,

Manisha