Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the best Parallel Processing Technique available on HANA 2.0?

vijayendrarao
Discoverer

Hi,

I have been trying to identify the best way to implement Parallel Processing and after searching on SCN and on google I am a bit confused. I have comes across many articles on Parallel Processing and am not able to identify which one is a preferred option.

I have looked at the following options:

1. Asynchronous RFC using CALL FUNCTION "XXXXXX" STARTING NEW TASK XXXX CALLING XXXX ON END OF TASK
  2. SPTA framework
  3. BANK_PP_JOBCTRL - Framework
  4. Simple ABAP to create child jobs from the main Program to run everything in jobs.
  5. bgRFC
  6. qRFC

Some techniques use Dialog WP and some use background WP not sure which one best fits the scenario.

Are there any guidelines on which ones are preferred over the other especially on HANA 2.0? We have tables in our system which have 15 billion records in them due to the nature of the business.

Thanks

VJ

6 REPLIES 6

GK817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HANA 2.0? Do you mean HANA database? It's not XSA development, right?

vijayendrarao
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Yes I meant HANA 2.0 is HANA database and the development is simple ABAP but the data volume is in billions of records.

former_member1716
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijayendra Rao,

Kindly explain what is business requirement here so that we can suggest accordingly.

Regards!

vijayendrarao
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Our business requirement is to read data from some tables which has a lot of fields and huge volumen of data with values that need to be aggregated and sent to another SAP system.

So, for example, we need to read a table which has billions of records and then aggregate them and send a couple of millions of data into another system where the FI postings are done.

GK817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vijayendrarao ,

Based on my research, i believe SPTA framework should be the way to go. Looks like it's the latest and evolved technique.

Regards

GK

0 Kudos

Thanks Gaurav. In one of the thread somebody commented that SPTA still uses PERFOM( Subroutines ) and should be avoided and instead using a technicque where the call back can be method instead of a call back perfom. Any thoughts on that?