Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should be the setup if you want RFC rely on a 3rd party apps' data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possbile to maintain the master record like purchasing group, material group, purchasing org,etc.. by taking it from a 3rd party software? The client wants it that way so less work for the functional to do the configuration.

Is there a bapi that could get it from the 3rd party app other than accessing sAP tables directly?

Or should I create a function module that woould create purch_org/grp, matrl_code, gl_acct, wbs, etc?

The setup is: we have a .net web apps as frontend and rfc as backend. SAP has no data yet.. And their plan is to get the data from the 3rd party.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wont suggest to completely rely for all the database table on 3rd party system. For each & every validation, you need to call an RFC & check the 3rd party database tables & again send the results back to R/3.

Also for each database update, RFC's would be called. This would be time consuming & wont give a realtime interface if the network is not upto the requirement.

Best regards,

Prashant

2 REPLIES 2

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wont suggest to completely rely for all the database table on 3rd party system. For each & every validation, you need to call an RFC & check the 3rd party database tables & again send the results back to R/3.

Also for each database update, RFC's would be called. This would be time consuming & wont give a realtime interface if the network is not upto the requirement.

Best regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are fetching data from third party system, i would suggest you to use BAPI instead of creating your own one.

Also check for an interface APIs avaialble with .net.

Reward if useful!