Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Biztalk?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Could you please tell me what is Biztalk? Please refer to documents/files or threads if needed...

Thanks,

Charles.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

BizTalk is a business process management (BPM) server that enables companies to automate and optimize business processes. This includes powerful, familiar tools to design, develop, deploy, and manage those processes.

Integration with SAP:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90e1b3a2-0a01-0010-bcb7-985...

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BizTalk will not see any SAP systems, only web services exposed by XI or using IBM MQ depending on an async/sync integration scenario.

Overall communication between SAP systems and BizTalk depending on the integration scenario and who is the initiator:

SAP 46C to BizTalk:

There are no good mechanisms available for sending data from 46C to BizTalk, we are using HTTP_POST with XML payload. Then you must use the iXML library on the SAP side, its ok, but you will spend, in my point of view, too many hours on XML programming that can be generated automatically.

BizTalk to SAP 46C - Which SAP adapter to use for BizTalk?

We started with SAP adapter from IWay, but that adapter gave us a lot of problems on the BizTalk server (pretty complex adapter with strange behaviour, and several integration scenarios stopped working for no reason at all (unstable)).

Due to several severe problems, we switched to SAP adapter from Microsoft 1 year back in time. If I don’t remember wrong, back then, the SAP adapter from Microsoft did not support parameter of type string or table types – so there are/were some limitations regarding the signature of the RFC function.

The SAP adapter from Microsoft is more stable than the previous, BUT we have some hick ups with that one as well when BizTalk does very frequent calls to SAP 46C.

SAP 640 to/from BizTalk:

I assume you can use the web service functionality on the SAP side in order to send/receive data, but I don’t know whether 640 support asynchronous web service.

Regards,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This link is basically a tutorial who teaches you how to create idoc rfc to xchange data with microsoft Biztalk server and what all config needed with snapshots.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms942196.aspx

Please reward points.