Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the impacts of turning the normal function into a RFC function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello @ll,

There is a existing function in an environment which I could use for my development as well however this function is declared as a normal function module and I need this function to be called as Remote-enabled module. Now I was wondering if anybody could inform what are the impacts if I turn the processing type of this function from normal to remote-enabled module.

Thank you for your help.

Kami

Edited by: kami on Aug 19, 2008 12:00 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the Fm is off Normal then it can be used only with SAP. If it is Remote Enabled then it can b acessesd by the external applications like Java, .NET etc.

If the Remote Enabled FM, the parameters should be of type Pass by Value only.

Regards

Lekha

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the Fm is off Normal then it can be used only with SAP. If it is Remote Enabled then it can b acessesd by the external applications like Java, .NET etc.

If the Remote Enabled FM, the parameters should be of type Pass by Value only.

Regards

Lekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you convert a FN into RFC FM then following changes are needed.

1 All import and export parameters will be passed by value(Click check box on in PASS BY VALUE Column.

2. All changing parameters will be passed by value.

Made above two changes no effect would take place.

rgds

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There wont be any impact if u r changing from normal to remote function module unless that FM works properly.

The only difference in remote function module is all importing parameters should be PASS BY VALUE..

Regards,

Prem.