Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Debugging Screen Behaviour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using ECC6.0. I can't help but notice that when i'm in debugging screen and view the content of my internal table, the name of the internal table variable and some field values are truncated with ellipses (three dots). The weird thing about it is that sometimes this occurs, sometimes its back to normal. By the way I switched my Front-end editor to new. Is there some patches needed with our GUI. Please help.

Thanks,

Sid

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I think you are using the GUI 7.1 its has few bugs. YOu can ask your basis guy to update a patch.. to make it 7.2 or 7.3 version

Regards

Vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for the reply. Our basis guys is not around right now. Is there a way for me to check this out?

Many Thanks,

Sid

0 Kudos

Guys help me out here. I asked our basis and she told me we are using release 640, build 870505, patch level 22.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need the version of the SAPGui, not SAP. Log onto SAP, press ALT+F12. Click on ABOUT.

matt

0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I followed your instruction and here is what i got:

MAIN MODULE INFORMATION:
   Name............: sapfront.dll
   Description.....: SAP Frontend for Windows
   Product version.: 640 Final Release
   File version....: 6405.5.22.3036
   Build number....: 870505

And upon browsing Loaded DLLs, most are in Release 640. I noticed one with the following info:

c:\PROGRA~1\sap\frontend\sapgui\AG7AS.dll                7.1.0.10

Are we using the latest version? Where can we get the latest version?

Thanks,

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

They r certain bugs with GUI 7.1.

You better update the patch with 7.2 or 7.3.

Regards,

Jagadish