Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro - How to set and get info from Component Controller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!!!

Im having some problems getting and setting info in component controller of my Web Dynpro.

I can't see the difference between View Context and Global Context.

How can i create a Global Context Between two views?

Thanks!

Regards.

Polakinho.-

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

to Make the global context, Create the context in the component controller and drag and drop in the view....

Whenever you will make any changes then in the component controller using get and set method.It will reflect in the every view. In which view You have copied that context.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii

difference between view context and global context is we can use the same component controller for all the views in the same application.but when when we create node in view context then it will be available for that view only not for any other view...so if we want to use the same node for all the views we need to create that view in the component controller.so it will become global for that application.

for using global node you need to map that context in view controller.for that you need to go to that view then click on context tab and drag and drop node from component controller.so it will be available for that view.i hope it helps you.

regards

twinkal