Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

warning message in module pool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have added some custom fields to the transaction va01 additional data b screen using the screen 8309.I want to give the warningmessage to the user if he has not entered data into this custom fields.I have written the code in the include program mv45afzz in the subroutine userexit_save_document.

But the problem is it is giving the warning message as I required but the screen is not allowing to enter the data again it is saving immedialtely after pressing enter.

could some body throw some idea on this?what is the wrong I am doing?

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change the message type to error 'E' instead of warning.

Thanks,

Sriram Ponna.

0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks for your reply.But he requirement is only warning message I should not give error message.

Regards

Mahesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

By using the warning message, it always proceeds with next processing steps.

Thanks,

Sriram Ponna.

0 Kudos

Try moving your data checks to form USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I achieve this by writing the code in PBO or PAI module?

Please suggest?

Thanks in advance

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

What is your requirement?

If entering data in the custom fields is not mandatory then warning message is fine. But if you want the user to enter data in these fields, error message is the one you need.

After warning message system continues with the processing whereas with the error message it stops the processing and offers user a chance to correct/enter data before processing further.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sanjeev

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

My requirement is like user should get warning message and it should also allow user to enter the data before save.The problem happening is after warning message when I go and enter the data it is allwoing to modify after modifying when i click on save it is saving and generating the document number.

But when I go to va02 transaction with that document number it is giving error like `SD document 166 is not in the database or has been archived´.

Mahesh

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

My requirement is like user should get warning message and it should also allow user to enter the data before save.The problem happening is after warning message when I go and enter the data it is allwoing to modify after modifying when i click on save it is saving and generating the document number.

But when I go to va02 transaction with that document number it is giving error like `SD document 166 is not in the database or has been archived´.

Mahesh